CWD Discovered in Limestone County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coldtrail View Post
    The pen deer that are released into HF pastures can also get out from time to time, just like coyotes, hogs, etc.
    Hell the STATE has released plenty of TTT deer into free range herds. There’s been lots of deer kicked out into free range herds over the years. Research it. Latest has been in the anthrax areas. They released quite a few with private land owners. There’s several areas in the hill country where south Texas genetics were released long ago.

This is a pissing match between breeders and breeder haters.

Comment

Im confused. Are free range deer that 99 percent of Texans hunt testing positive for CWD routinely or is it breeding and genetic management ranch operations where they are finding these deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        Im confused. Are free range deer that 99 percent of Texans hunt testing positive for CWD routinely or is it breeding and genetic management ranch operations where they are finding these deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Don’t be confused, just use the percentage of tests given to positive ratio. Panhandle and West Texas highways might be highest. Regardless good luck finding a deer that died from CWD vs died with CWD in TX

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
          White tail deer are considered livestock?
          I consider half the deer these guys got on the wall to be livestock, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            Great, let’s start with banning all supplemental feeding programs; grain, hay and pellets. If it’s grow with soil it can contain the prion. Infact we should ban movement of all grain and hay from CWD areas

We have live testing currently for any deer movement, so let’s test 100% of all deer killed in TX so we can get a better idea where its at. Then we can get a better idea how bad it is in free range populations across the country.
            Need to ban corn too and protein feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I consider half the deer these guys got on the wall to be livestock, sure.
              Jealousy at its finest. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Plenty of CWD deer in free range herds too.
                Yep and has been for many years.

Comment

Jealousy at its finest. Lol
                  If they are penning them and selling them, they are livestock.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    If they are penning them and selling them, they are livestock.
                    Agreed 100%. My comment wasn’t aimed at that. Mr “public land” and no feeders bla bla gets on his soap box every CWD thread. Usually, not always, but usually the public land dudes have their panties in a wad because they can’t/don’t/ whatever hunt private land. So they cast shade on **** they don’t know about.

Then you have ole M16 thinking he’s superior because while he is high fenced, it’s native deer. While he fails to realize plenty of folks think ALL high fence deer are pets.

Then Marko is somewhere in the middle but is civil.

Same song and dance. Different thread. I stress if truly wanting to find an unbiased cause and solution, if there is one, they want to blame it ALL on breeders. Every time. Lots of money and politics in play and TPWD isn’t the brightest bunch to begin with. Money talks. Then TWA enters the chat. Big ole **** show. Heaven forbid we work together on the issue. Nope. Let’s shut all the breeders down! Burn them at the stake!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      Has anyone tried testing alfalfa and feed for prions? Lots of alfalfa comes from CWD states. If it was discovered to be spread by trucking in food sources that would certainly have a huge impact.
                      I've been saying this for years, just look at the AG shipments from Colorado alone.

Comment

Agreed 100%. My comment wasn’t aimed at that. Mr “public land” and no feeders bla bla gets on his soap box every CWD thread. Usually, not always, but usually the public land dudes have their panties in a wad because they can’t/don’t/ whatever hunt private land. So they cast shade on **** they don’t know about.

Then you have ole M16 thinking he’s superior because while he is high fenced, it’s native deer. While he fails to realize plenty of folks think ALL high fence deer are pets.

Then Marko is somewhere in the middle but is civil.

Same song and dance. Different thread. I stress if truly wanting to find an unbiased cause and solution, if there is one, they want to blame it ALL on breeders. Every time. Lots of money and politics in play and TPWD isn’t the brightest bunch to begin with. Money talks. Then TWA enters the chat. Big ole **** show. Heaven forbid we work together on the issue. Nope. Let’s shut all the breeders down! Burn them at the stake!
                        I've never said to shut the breeders down. Just keep the deer out of trailers and hauling them all over the state. That is the only current way to slow the progression of the disease. Had that been done from the get go. The only part of the state that would have the disease would be the area in West Texas. It would have taken hundreds of years to advance to the point we see now. Ask yourself one question. Why did the state shut down bringing in deer from out of state? Yet allow diseased deer already in state to be trucked from one end to the other.

Instead of making personal attacks. Spend some time doing some research. Your knowledge of the disease is severely lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
                          I've been saying this for years, just look at the AG shipments from Colorado alone.
                          Infectious, deformed proteins called prions, known to cause chronic wasting disease (CWD) in deer, can be taken up by plants such as alfalfa, corn, and tomatoes, according to new research from the National Wildlife Health Center (NWHC) in Madison.
                          Plants absolutely can serve as a vector for prions. Deer and exotic breeders feed a lot of alfalfa. Hunters put it out as an attractant for free range deer all the time. Why hasn't this been researched further?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            I've never said to shut the breeders down. Just keep the deer out of trailers and hauling them all over the state. That is the only current way to slow the progression of the disease. Had that been done from the get go. The only part of the state that would have the disease would be the area in West Texas. It would have taken hundreds of years to advance to the point we see now. Ask yourself one question. Why did the state shut down bringing in deer from out of state? Yet allow diseased deer already in state to be trucked from one end to the other.

Instead of making personal attacks. Spend some time doing some research. Your knowledge of the disease is severely lacking.
                            No you’ve made your stance quite clear. Many many times. And none of you admit to the fact that more positive tests show up in breeder facilities due to the percentage of deer tested Vs free range herds. I do admit and always have it’s much easier transmitted and transported by breeders.

But folks move feed and all kinds of other exotics and live stock. Elk being a prime example. Known carriers. Again, I think we are all wanting it fixed. Some just enjoy playing the blame came due to a personal bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Plants absolutely can serve as a vector for prions. Deer and exotic breeders feed a lot of alfalfa. Hunters put it out as an attractant for free range deer all the time. Why hasn't this been researched further?
                              Because it doesn’t fit their agenda and it will impact their ranches as well once the truth is out about how it originated and is transported.

Comment

Only way deer should be transported is if they agree to wear a mask and get vaccinated.

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X