Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
    They havent done orientations since covid. The last couple of years they send out an email about a week before your hunt with a video to watch and that's considered your orientation. Looks like they'll be doing that again this year.
    Good info thanks.

Comment

Kind of feels like me and my boys hit the lottery. We drew archery and rifle this year, can't hardly believe it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
        Kind of feels like me and my boys hit the lottery. We drew archery and rifle this year, can't hardly believe it.

What dates on the rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
          What dates on the rifle?
          11/18 - 11/20.

Comment

Got drawn for a bow hunt in December...was iffy about it but reading this thread has pretty much convinced me to go for it!

Comment

11/18 - 11/20.

👍🏻. I’ll be there those dates as well and deerslay3r on this thread said he also drew that weekend.

Comment

Congrats!

My dad has been applying for rifle at Laguna the last 30 years and I the last 15ish years and never we’ve been picked. All luck of the draw!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  Congrats!

My dad has been applying for rifle at Laguna the last 30 years and I the last 15ish years and never we’ve been picked. All luck of the draw!
                  Thank you, we're super excited about it!

Comment

What shoes do you guys normally wear out there? Snake boots, snake gaiters and hiking boots, regular gaiters and hiking boots, crocs, flip flops, flintstone it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of animal is that???

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        Just booked my room at Port Isla Inn. I'll be there Dec 15-20th and will have an extra bed if anyone is interested.
                        I just booked a two bedroom at port isla 16th-20th expecting my son will be done with school and able to come (pretty sure I got the dates right). If not, should be able to split with someone else hunting that weekend.

Comment

Check VRBO I found houses in the area cheaper than the hotels. I got a 2 bedroom house on the golf course for 95 a night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                            Tannus Armor worked great for my fat bike!
                            This what you used? https://tannusamerica.com/products/t...31871978373231

Comment

Originally posted by Roman AB View Post
                              Check VRBO I found houses in the area cheaper than the hotels. I got a 2 bedroom house on the golf course for 95 a night.
                              Beware the add-on cleaning fees
                              We rented in that neighborhood once and boy was that owner particular!

Comment

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post
                                What shoes do you guys normally wear out there? Snake boots, snake gaiters and hiking boots, regular gaiters and hiking boots, crocs, flip flops, flintstone it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Never been there but I'm planning on just going with my hiking boots for our January trip because I'm expecting to have to put on some miles. If I end up bringing the bike I may bring some running shoes for riding and then change out once I park it. Fresh pair of socks and dry boots go a long way after peddling for a while. We practically live in snake country so I'm more worried about death by a thousand ticks than the snakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X