No announcement yet.

Talk to your kids about Fentanyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just think of how much of this crap is coming over the boarder headed into our communities, walking right through everyone's property and deer lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      Ok. Whatever you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Absolutely is being used “adulterated” cutting , cheaper than Heroin , 1000 micrograms or “ 1mg” goes a very long way and keeps purchasers of whatever drugs coming back for the extra high they get. I have run countless OD’s on drugs cut with Fentanyl. For instance a single dose of fentanyl I administer to say a chest pain or trauma patient would receive 75-100 micrograms so 1mg is 10 normal adult doses, respiratory arrest is imminent. Graysongs is 100% correct, such a small amount has a large effect, cut crap cheap drugs cut with extremely small amount of fentanyl keeps the users coming back for more.

Comment

They add they fentynal to increase the perceived potency of whatever they're selling. If you're selling heroin, your buyers want a near death experience when they shoot up. That's what they think is good ****.
        When you add it to fake Xanax or Ecstasy pills, not so much.

^^This as well

Comment

It is biological warfare and nothing less... It should be treated as such but politicians at every level are getting filthy rich so it will continue..

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
            Just think of how much of this crap is coming over the boarder headed into our communities, walking right through everyone's property and deer lease.
            It's being allowed in.. Just sickening..

Comment

Heard about this on the radio the other day.

More than 2,000 grams of pure, uncut Fentanyl was seized from a Tarrant County home on September 6, which was capable of more than 1 million fatal doses.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                DRUGS KILL!!!!

Been this way and won't change. Likely started with "just weed"
                You mean just 1 beer or wine cooler.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to just have my 13 year old daughter read this whole thread. Good info, I had no idea it was such a big issue or that it was so disguised. Appreciate the OP for starting this thread!

Comment

It has been said a few times on the thread but Just an fyi- fentanyl doesn’t not easily get absorbed through the skin. Many people get prescribed fentanyl patches for chronic pain. None of the officers that suffered an “OD” from brushing off fentanyl were confirmed to be an opioid overdose. Now this isn’t to say it needs to be played with without proper PPE, but it’s just not how this type of fentanyl works. Even inhaled would take a significant amount, specifically referring to the low risk to first responders.

But the opioid problem OD is pretty serious, fairly common to deal with in my line of work. Most don’t even let us transport them to the hospital after we fix them. Also most of them try and tell us they did not take any opioids, which the the ONLY thing narcan works on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      With an addict mentality they want the best high they can get . When they find out someone had OD on a suppliers supply the flock to them . I have a few relatives that are in recovery. That is how they have all explained it to me .
                      I don't disagree.
                      When you talk about cutting something, I've always understood it to mean doubling your product, halving the potency.
                      This is more like lacing your product.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                        It has been said a few times on the thread but Just an fyi- fentanyl doesn’t not easily get absorbed through the skin. Many people get prescribed fentanyl patches for chronic pain. None of the officers that suffered an “OD” from brushing off fentanyl were confirmed to be an opioid overdose. Now this isn’t to say it needs to be played with without proper PPE, but it’s just not how this type of fentanyl works. Even inhaled would take a significant amount, specifically referring to the low risk to first responders.

But the opioid problem OD is pretty serious, fairly common to deal with in my line of work. Most don’t even let us transport them to the hospital after we fix them. Also most of them try and tell us they did not take any opioids, which the the ONLY thing narcan works on.

I don't know about that. I know two people that got ambulance rides over touching packages.

I've sat outside apartments and trailer houses while dea meth teams clear them with bio suits and airpacks. When cooks or users died inside.

I'll will agree its not all the same. I messed with the packaging and vials of the liquid version prior to the influx of deaths related to it. The boxes got stolen from a vet clinic and I spent a week processing the boxes etc for prints

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post

Just a slight correction, many people are NOT gives fentanyl patches, in fact one major cancer hospital in Houston will not give it unless you are terminal…. FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I don't know about that. I know two people that got ambulance rides over touching packages.

I've sat outside apartments and trailer houses while dea meth teams clear them with bio suits and airpacks. When cooks or users died inside.

I'll will agree its not all the same. I messed with the packaging and vials of the liquid version prior to the influx of deaths related to it. The boxes got stolen from a vet clinic and I spent a week processing the boxes etc for prints

I should clarify that I am specifically talking about a brief exposure, example of an officer touching a small amount of fentanyl or a person touching a “fentanyl laced napkin”. That mode of exposure just doesn’t work that way to cause a significant overdose. The instances of officers overdosing on fentanyl were not proven to be overdoses on fentanyl and attributed to anxiety surround an exposure. Solely passing out in not an indication of opioid overdose.

Fentanyl and other opioids are far different from amphetamines, amphetamines are basically the opposite of an opioid as it comes to signs and symptoms. I will post an article specifically address the risk of fentanyl to first responders. Yes wearing appropriate PPE like those agents is advised in areas suspected of high concentration of a toxic substance.

I am assuming that your are a police officer, and if so I hope you do carry narcan in your unit. I just wouldn’t want you or any other police officer not administering narcan to a person not breathing / severe respiratory depression and pinpoint pupils just based on the fear of being exposed. Yes please wear gloves when dealing with these people but if you forget to wear gloves you should be fine. We only administer narcan to someone with those symptoms. Even if someone witnessed a person taking an opioid we will not give narcan unless those symptoms are observed.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                              Just a slight correction, many people are NOT gives fentanyl patches, in fact one major cancer hospital in Houston will not give it unless you are terminal…. FYI

Yes I will agree with that, it is not near as common to see them as it was a decade ago.

Comment

FWIW there is a vid going around SM that a mom picked up a folded dollar bill to put in her kid's piggy bank had fentanyl (after calling LE & testing) inside...just a psa.

Comment

Working...
                                X