Hampshire pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hampshire pig

So a neighbor by the lease had a big *** Hampshire pig get out and now it's on our lease. The boss won't let him on the property to try and get it. Couple of us have him on camera at the feeder. I don't want to shoot him, but the others do. This dude probably weights 450 lbs. They won't eat it and will waste the meat. I don't see the point in shooting it if u not gonna eat him. Pretty sure the guy will be highly ****** off if they do shoot it. Is the pig fair game to shoot, are what do yall think?

It certainly would be more fun to trap him tie him up and return to his owner, you get the story and the laughs and the owner is happy. I dont know who the boss is in this tale.

Comment

Shooting the neighbor’s pet pig sounds like a great way to get kicked off a lease. Unless the big sumbitch starts tearing up feeders or stands, this is problems for the landowner, the neighbor, and the lease boss.

Comment

Wouldn't the pig be considered livestock? If so I wouldn't shoot it.

Comment

Rope him & ride him back over to the neighbor he belongs to
          Make for a good story around the campfire

Comment

Is “the boss” the landowner or lease boss? I assume this is on your timber lease right? I think it’s BS not to let him get his pig. I also don’t know how he would get him unless he comes to the owners call. I can understand the boss not wanting the guy just wondering all over hoping to find and catch it. I personally would try to trap and return it.

Comment

The boss is the lease boss. Caught the guy on my camera, so I sent the pic to the boss. Game warded went to the guys house and he confirmed he was looking for his pig. Supposedly the guy has been trespassing on the lease for years. I think he should be able to try and catch r trap him. Heard that kind of pig can cost alot of money. U can tell he has been fed out.

Comment

And, a buddy on the lease said the warden said the pig is fair game to shoot. I would think it would be considered livestock also.

Comment

Catch the pig and rent him out?

Comment

I'd let the man get his pig back. Don't shoot it. It would be a different story if this had happened many times before and he'd been warned to keep his animals off the property. Sounds like this is the first time and yall have him on camera "looking for his pig"? If he's legit looking for pig give him access and help him find it. Livestock get's out sometimes, it's part of life.

Maybe in return he will allow yall to track a wounded deer if it goes onto his property. I'd say for sure if he is denied access to get his pig yall can say good bye to any animal that crosses the fence to his property.
                    Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 09-05-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                      Supposedly the guy has been trespassing on the lease for years.

If this is true then enjoy some dang good chops and steaks.

Comment

I feel the same way

Comment

We had some locals in west texas release some pot belly pigs on our lease many years ago. We all decided to let them get bred and make babies, but someone decided to shoot them in the bar ditch with shotguns opening weekend of dove season and leave them laying. We'd passed on them for the last 4 months hoping for crosses.

You can shoot and eat, or try and trap or feed and recover; never know what the pig wants to do.

Comment

He’ll go full feral in a couple of months, he’ll look totally different in a few. I’d let the dude come get his pig as he won’t be be worth a **** like most big boars by December. Shoot him now and it’d do nothing but create problems and possibly lease drama which is never cool.

Comment

Had a similar situation, never got a shot at him though…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X