Dove Loads - Is this our new norm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
    I have a 12g and 20g but my go to dove gun is my Wingmaster 16g and while I have a couple cases of 7.5 I haven't seen many around lately and if I do find them, they are stupid expensive.
    Call Johnny's in Eagle lake. They had plenty as of a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I bought a few boxes of Heavy load 1oz 20 gauge and they were $9.99 at academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Inflation was 0% in july...
        Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Yea did you see that IDIOT actually say that too???
        No way he actually believed those words when they came out of his mouth! LOL

Comment

I think it's the new normal. We have completely stopped shooting trap/skeet/sporting clays. I can't afford 500-1000 rounds a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
            No way he actually believed those words when they came out of his mouth! LOL
            I’m certain he has no clue if he believed it or not.

Comment

Absolutely no way you paid $50 for a box of monarchs last year...they were at least $90 when I bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                I have a 12g and 20g but my go to dove gun is my Wingmaster 16g and while I have a couple cases of 7.5 I haven't seen many around lately and if I do find them, they are stupid expensive.
                Two years ago 16 ga. was not much more expensive than 12 or 20 ga., now on the rare occasions you can find any, it's expensive.

I saw two boxes of 16 ga. on the shelf, after many months of seeing zero on the shelf. Wal-Mart was my secret place for 16 ga., those two boxes were the first I have seen, in probably two years. I grabbed them and took off. They turned out to be 4 shot.

I have started looking at the labels on the shelves, that have the product and the prince. I have been noticing that most stores don't even have a 16 ga. label on the shelf. So I have not been getting there after they sold out, they are not ordering any.

Comment

Originally posted by brettcs View Post
                  Absolutely no way you paid $50 for a box of monarchs last year...they were at least $90 when I bought them.
                  I 100% paid no more than $55 for a case of Monarchs last year. Remington Heavy dove was $65 a case I believe. Now both are listed at $99.99 a case this year at the 3 Academy's that I have been by.

Comment

i loaded up last year and still have about 10 cases left. We go in big groups usually and several of us got a bunch last year for the out of state guys so I didn't use as much as i thought. So this year, is covered already for me. They are around $10 a box around me now

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                      I 100% paid no more than $55 for a case of Monarchs last year. Remington Heavy dove was $65 a case I believe. Now both are listed at $99.99 a case this year at the 3 Academy's that I have been by.
                      I paid $90 in 2020, and Rios were $110, but that's when things were crazy.
                      Sitting on 2 pallets of Doves loads now, but I ain't buying anymore until I'm in my 50s
                      Prices did come down some last year, but still $50 is a smoking deal.

Comment

It’ll be $50 a case again. A case will be 5 boxes

Comment

Comment

Just like everything else these days

Comment

If I don't see more birds this year than last year, a case will last me about 14 years.

Comment

no more sky-busting !

Comment

Working...
                                X