Seized motor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seized motor help

I have a hustler zero turn. My son has been using it lately and yesterday morning I get on it to start it and just a click. Replaced battery and just a click. Went through all the safety switches and they were all good. Disconnected the starter from the motor and it worked fine. Pretty sure the engine is seized. Checked the oil and well, there was none showing on the dip stick. Completely my fault for not keeping up with not reminding him to check it. It’s a 2016 model with only 250 hours on it. I’ve maxed out my mechanical ability. Do I need a new engine, or new mower? If a new mower can I get anything for my current mower?

What engine is on your mower?

Comment

can you hand spin the top?

Comment

Son + No oil on the stick = upgrade….

Drain the oil or remove the filter and look for debris/glitter.

Comment

Koehler 25hp. It will not turn at all

Comment

pull the plug and try to start it. if it turns over then it isnt seized up. also if it has a pull rope back up try to pull it and see what happens.

Comment

Replace it. The engine.

Comment

you could possibly even put a little oil directly into the cylinder while the plug is out. if you can break it free and it still has compression then it should run

Comment

I'd do a Google repair video.
                  And have some fun with it. Maybe it can be rebuilt...
                  If it's trashed.. And has to be replaced. At least, ya learned a few new things..
                  What have ya got to lose ????

Comment

What he said about pulling the plug and a little oil in the top of the cylinder. This is what has worked for me in the past.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m sorry you did that to your mower. They gotta have that oil.

Comment

If it’s truly out of oil the seizure likely isn’t in the cylinder but on the crankshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

+1 to oil in cylinder

Comment

If was being hauled or moved around the first thing I would do is pull the plug and try to start it. If fuel switch was left on, it can fill the cylinder and "lock" it up. If it truly is locked up from lack of oil-id pull the plug and fill it diesel. Let it sit for a day or two, try to turn it by wrench back and forth. If it breaks loose, your golden. If not, Predator replacement

Comment

Take the top cover off and try to turn the flywheel. Put oil in it and put a wrench on the bolt and rotate a few times if it moves.

Comment

Working...
                              X