Guess what time it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
    Had my first last year at 51, had 3 polyps cutout. Every 3 years from now on. Had a close friend come down with stage 4 colon cancer, got my attention for sure. Prep sucked, but well worth it for the pease of mind.
    Did your doc set the every three years timeframe or is that your timeframe? Curious as I had 4 polyps removed in 2020, all benign, but the surgeon told me every 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dr set it up. Would have been 5 if nothing was found. Probably depends on the Dr though, mine wanted this time frame. I’d call and ask why just to be sure, can’t hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Did your doc set the every three years timeframe or is that your timeframe? Curious as I had 4 polyps removed in 2020, all benign, but the surgeon told me every 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        I went back twice on a 1 year schedule, then my Dr. said all was good and I needed to come back in 3 years.

Comment

I’m ready to drink the purple koolaid for some pizza mind

Comment

When are you supposed to start doing this? I'm 43 and never had it done. For some reason I thought 45 was the magic number????

Also what about that commercial where you just poop in a box and mail it in? That no good?

So you can't eat anything for 48 hours and drink some stuff the last 24? No way I can not eat for 24 hours much less 48.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Man I was just hoping by now they could just do it with some type of electron emitting x-ray thingamajig. ...sigh
              No kidding, with all the technology we have today and they still want to ram a camera up your @$$???? Come on man.......

Comment

Billy Connolly about Colonoscopy

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvrzUngEQRw"]Billy Connolly - Colonoscopy - World Tour of New Zealand - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                  My mom is a colon cancer survivor, and like Chew, caught it by accident. She's been out of the woods since November 2003! I've had two colonoscopies in the past 14 years and hope everybody takes it serious. Colon cancer caught early is very beatable, mom's doctor said.

On a lighter note: The last one I had was about 5 years ago and as I was coming to in the recovery room I noticed a nurse walking toward me. As she's coming into focus I swear she looked just like Jennifer Aniston. Still groggy, I said, "Oh, wow, my nurse is Jennifer Aniston?"

She blushed, beamed a smile and said, "Aw, you're so sweet!" As she said that I noticed she was doing something at my waist. I looked down and saw that my hospital gown had shifted to the side and my meat & veggies were on full display! She pulled the gown around to cover me up and was looking at my junk all the while. We made eye contact and that's my story about a very tender moment I had with the great Jennifer Aniston. I told my wife and she said I was stupid. Now I just remind her to stay on her "A" game because Jennifer Aniston is hot for me.
                  Your wife is right.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    No kidding, with all the technology we have today and they still want to ram a camera up your @$$???? Come on man.......
                    Yo'll get to like it after a while......When I have my next It will be #7 and I will be 77...

Comment

I was thinking Howdy Doodee time when I read that; however, came back to the reality that I to will be doing the same thing after September. The best part of it is the magnificent fart your not only encouraged to expel, it’s knowing the wifey can’t say a thing about it!!!! Enjoy!
                      Last edited by Hogmauler; 07-20-2022, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Your wife is right.

Somebody was drunk late last night

Comment

Well, the prep was the hardest part. I had the procedure yesterday morning. Some Diverticulosis, which I knew, and a small polup that he removed. Told me he see me again in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                            Well, the prep was the hardest part. I had the procedure yesterday morning. Some Diverticulosis, which I knew, and a small polup that he removed. Told me he see me again in 5 years.

Peace of mind is well worth the little bit of trouble.

Comment

Mine is next Thursday.

Comment

Had that thing that blows air up there and then they insert a rod up there that tickles your tonsils. I was 40 when this happened. The doctor said that I was still to young and should not start testing until 50 but I argued that my dad had colon cancer and the cancer doctors instructed me to get tested at 40. Personally, I think I might rather die of colon cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X