Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers

Former #1 pick Mayfield traded by Cleveland for a 5th round pick to Carolina

Browns must not think to highly of him or Carolina got a steal.....

Sounds like a Browns kinda deal.....

Browns always get screwed on their trade deals lmao. I figured they were some sort of b-team supplying talent to the Patriots because of so many bad trades they made with them over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Browns always get screwed on their trade deals lmao. I figured they were some sort of b-team supplying talent to the Patriots because of so many bad trades they made with them over the years.
      and the league will probably ban Watson for a year because its the Browns...

2 Grand juries looked at it and said no criminal activity took place...but the league is looking at a year suspension......

If the players union doesn't fight for him they are toast.....

I have no doubt if it was the Patriots or Cowboys, Packers, etc....it would be a 4 game max.....

Comment

Never really liked Mayfield…

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          and the league will probably ban Watson for a year because its the Browns...

2 Grand juries looked at it and said no criminal activity took place...but the league is looking at a year suspension......

If the players union doesn't fight for him they are toast.....

I have no doubt if it was the Patriots or Cowboys, Packers, etc....it would be a 4 game max.....

A Houston detective may add a little fuel to the NFL's investigation......

A Houston detective last week said she concluded Deshaun Watson committed crimes after investigating 10 criminal complaints alleging sexual misconduct by the Browns quarterback when Watson was playing for the Houston Texans.

The detective, Kamesha Baker, said she shared her findings with the Harris County (Texas) district attorney before a grand jury on March 17 chose not to indict Watson on criminal charges, but she was not called to testify during the grand jury proceedings, according to a story in USA Today.

According to a pretrial deposition obtained by USA Today, Baker’s investigation found Watson “committed criminal indecent assault, sexual assault and prostitution in cases where money was exchanged and there was consensual sex.”

Part of the deposition appeared in the USA Today story.

“Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“And was there any doubt in your mind as the investigating officer that a crime had occurred?”

“No,” Baker said.

Twenty-four women are suing Watson for alleged sexual misconduct during massage sessions that occurred from 2019-21. Two of the lawsuits were filed after the Browns acquired Watson on March 18 for six draft picks. Three of the draft picks were first-round choices — 2022, 2023 and 2024.

Baker met with Harris County sex crimes prosecutor Johna Stallings at Stallings’ office before the grand jury heard evidence in Watson’s case.

“I expressed to her that we did find the complainants credible and reliable,” Baker testified, according to the deposition transcript. “That’s why we did a warrant that stated they were credible and reliable.”

According to a New York Times story published last week, Rusty Hardin, Watson’s defense attorney, spoke by phone with Stallings 12 times in the two months leading up to the grand juries hearing the criminal cases against Watson. Hardin also met with Stallings in Stallings’ office. The two exchanged more than 24 text messages, according to the New York Times story.

The New York Times reported Hardin “created a slide presentation arguing for Watson’s innocence and gave it to Stallings along with other documents he deemed important.”

Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing the 24 women suing Watson, said he spoke to Stallings only once before the grand jury hearings. He went on Instagram to say he did not know Hardin and Stallings were in close communication until he read the story in the Times.

“Just so there is no confusion,” Buzbee said on his Instagram post, “I personally contacted the Harris County DA’s office one time on behalf of the victims to make available to her my clients and any evidence I had collected. My team also did so. They wouldn’t even talk to us! I had no idea that the assistant district attorney was regularly corresponding with Deshaun Watson’s lawyer by email and text; I didn’t know that the assistant district attorney actually went to Hardin’s office to discuss the cases; I didn’t know that Watson’s lawyer provided a PowerPoint that was to be used before the grand jury.”

Watson has not met with media covering the Browns since his introductory news conference March 25. Neither has general manager Andrew Berry.

Coach Kevin Stefanski is hounded with questions about whether he expects Watson to be punished by the NFL and whether he still has faith in Watson. Stefanski always gives a similar answer.

“I understand the question,” Stefanski said June 8. “I think, for me, I’m going to be respectful of the investigation, of the legal proceedings and I’m going to let that play out.”

Watson has maintained his innocence throughout the investigation. During his introductory news conference in Berea 2 1/2 months ago, he said he did not do what he is accused of doing.

“I know these allegations are very, very serious,” Watson said. “Like I mentioned before, I have never assaulted any woman. I have never disrespected any woman.”

The civil lawsuits are not expected to begin until March 2023.

Comment

Good for Baker, hope he does well!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              A Houston detective may add a little fuel to the NFL's investigation......

A Houston detective last week said she concluded Deshaun Watson committed crimes after investigating 10 criminal complaints alleging sexual misconduct by the Browns quarterback when Watson was playing for the Houston Texans.

The detective, Kamesha Baker, said she shared her findings with the Harris County (Texas) district attorney before a grand jury on March 17 chose not to indict Watson on criminal charges, but she was not called to testify during the grand jury proceedings, according to a story in USA Today.

According to a pretrial deposition obtained by USA Today, Baker’s investigation found Watson “committed criminal indecent assault, sexual assault and prostitution in cases where money was exchanged and there was consensual sex.”

Part of the deposition appeared in the USA Today story.

“Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“And was there any doubt in your mind as the investigating officer that a crime had occurred?”

“No,” Baker said.

Twenty-four women are suing Watson for alleged sexual misconduct during massage sessions that occurred from 2019-21. Two of the lawsuits were filed after the Browns acquired Watson on March 18 for six draft picks. Three of the draft picks were first-round choices — 2022, 2023 and 2024.

Baker met with Harris County sex crimes prosecutor Johna Stallings at Stallings’ office before the grand jury heard evidence in Watson’s case.

“I expressed to her that we did find the complainants credible and reliable,” Baker testified, according to the deposition transcript. “That’s why we did a warrant that stated they were credible and reliable.”

According to a New York Times story published last week, Rusty Hardin, Watson’s defense attorney, spoke by phone with Stallings 12 times in the two months leading up to the grand juries hearing the criminal cases against Watson. Hardin also met with Stallings in Stallings’ office. The two exchanged more than 24 text messages, according to the New York Times story.

The New York Times reported Hardin “created a slide presentation arguing for Watson’s innocence and gave it to Stallings along with other documents he deemed important.”

Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing the 24 women suing Watson, said he spoke to Stallings only once before the grand jury hearings. He went on Instagram to say he did not know Hardin and Stallings were in close communication until he read the story in the Times.

“Just so there is no confusion,” Buzbee said on his Instagram post, “I personally contacted the Harris County DA’s office one time on behalf of the victims to make available to her my clients and any evidence I had collected. My team also did so. They wouldn’t even talk to us! I had no idea that the assistant district attorney was regularly corresponding with Deshaun Watson’s lawyer by email and text; I didn’t know that the assistant district attorney actually went to Hardin’s office to discuss the cases; I didn’t know that Watson’s lawyer provided a PowerPoint that was to be used before the grand jury.”

Watson has not met with media covering the Browns since his introductory news conference March 25. Neither has general manager Andrew Berry.

Coach Kevin Stefanski is hounded with questions about whether he expects Watson to be punished by the NFL and whether he still has faith in Watson. Stefanski always gives a similar answer.

“I understand the question,” Stefanski said June 8. “I think, for me, I’m going to be respectful of the investigation, of the legal proceedings and I’m going to let that play out.”

Watson has maintained his innocence throughout the investigation. During his introductory news conference in Berea 2 1/2 months ago, he said he did not do what he is accused of doing.

“I know these allegations are very, very serious,” Watson said. “Like I mentioned before, I have never assaulted any woman. I have never disrespected any woman.”

The civil lawsuits are not expected to begin until March 2023.
              IMHO....
              it sounds like a money grab by some women.......

it doesnt take much at all to be indicted in this day and age of the #metoo era....and for 2 to not indict says a lot to me......

Comment

Baker seems to thrive when his back is against the wall. Maybe this can be a turning point for his career. The odds are against him but it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  IMHO....
                  it sounds like a money grab by some women.......

it doesnt take much at all to be indicted in this day and age of the #metoo era....and for 2 to not indict says a lot to me......
                  Money grab no doubt. And, Watson being a supreme idiot.
                  Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-06-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                    Baker seems to thrive when his back is against the wall. Maybe this can be a turning point for his career. The odds are against him but it's possible.
                    Tough place to turn it around with that roster. If he can help get them to .500 it would be a great accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Tough place to turn it around with that roster. If he can help get them to .500 it would be a great accomplishment.
                      Agreed, he will need a fully health Mcaffrey and defense. I like the HC there but they aren't a good team yet.

Comment

Nothing good comes out of Oklahoma

Comment

That's a steal for a 5th, young starting QB with some high upside. He will have alot better chance to succeed in Carolina than Cleveland. I think he is a grade A ****** but I also like his fire when your talking about play on the field. This whole Cleveland should humble him a little and help get his head screwed on right.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            That's a steal for a 5th, young starting QB with some high upside.

You saw that we are talking about baker Mayfield, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope he does good. He's been a great underdog player that has lots of guts.

Comment

Working...
                              X