Henry Big Boy vs Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry Big Boy vs Carbine

I’m looking to get a lever action 44 mag, but I’m torn between the Big Boy and the Carbine versions.

For anybody that owns or has shot them, is there a big difference in accuracy between them? I want to stick with the iron sights, so realistically I wouldn’t be shooting much over 100yds.

I’ve tried searching the forum and online, but I can’t find much if anything talking about accuracy between the two versions.

Any real world experiences anyone can share?

Also, Happy Thanksgiving y’all!

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
    I’m looking to get a lever action 44 mag, but I’m torn between the Big Boy and the Carbine versions.

For anybody that owns or has shot them, is there a big difference in accuracy between them? I want to stick with the iron sights, so realistically I wouldn’t be shooting much over 100yds.

I’ve tried searching the forum and online, but I can’t find much if anything talking about accuracy between the two versions.

Any real world experiences anyone can share?

Also, Happy Thanksgiving y’all!
    The carbine has a 16.5 inch barrel
    The BB a 20 inch
    1lbs weight difference
    I personally like a longer sight plane and balance
    We had a .41 mag carbine

Comment

The difference in accuracy would probably only be in the shooter. The sights being farther apart might make a difference but I doubt it.

Comment

Really like my Big Boy .41 mag with the 20".
        I would look down each if you could to see how your eyes like the sights.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to look at them in person since I can't find any around me, but I ended up ordering the carbine online. I'm planning on sticking with the irons sights, so I assume that other than sight picture the 3.5" difference in barrel length shouldn't make a whole lot of difference for 100yd and under shots.

Comment

Working...
          X