Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting video of a buck being vocal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting video of a buck being vocal.

I saw this on the MeatEater website the other day and thought it was pretty interesting.

Makes me rethink my calling attempts during the rut. lol

I looked at the video on youtube and it says it was uploaded October 2016. If this has been posted before sorry, every time I would search with key words it would throw and error.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ewlw1TR18"]Incredible Whitetail Buck Vocalizations - The Management Advantage - YouTube[/ame]

J
    Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 10-22-2020, 09:03 AM. Reason: embedded the video in post

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome video. When I hunted Ohio during rut it was not unusual to hear bucks grunting and wheezing. Hardly ever hear them do that in Texas

Comment

Very cool. Yes, a lot of people never see or hear that. You know why? They would of shot him before they actually had the chance to watch and learn. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
          Awesome video. When I hunted Ohio during rut it was not unusual to hear bucks grunting and wheezing. Hardly ever hear them do that in Texas
          Really? Texas deer are some of the most vocal in my opinion.

Comment

very interesting....never heard one sound like that!

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
              Really? Texas deer are some of the most vocal in my opinion.
              Never heard a grunt hunting in Young county. Heard a few in Grayson but nothing like the midwest

Comment

Pretty cool video. Have heard/witnessed buck grunts and even the snort/wheeze but that was pretty cool.

Comment

The wheeze is interesting to say the least. Most of the time when humans try to replicate that, it doesn’t come out that way. I once saw a mature buck come into my setup when there were four does and two young bucks at my feeder. When he walked in, they just ambled off into the mequite. He walked around my pen, stood there for about 15 seconds and then blew snot for 10 feet ! ALL of the other deer scattered. It sounded like a stampede He looked around and walked off never giving me a good shot.

The only call that I’ve ever used that would make that ticking sound and the gutteral grunts like the buck in the vid is a True Talker by Hunter’s Specialties. I stopped using mine because it scared the hell out of smaller bucks.

Comment

I hate that most calls don’t let you grunt slower like this buck does in the beginning of the video. I had a buck that wouldn’t come out of a thicket last year but I kept catching glimpses of him. I grunted at him probably 7-9 times and he responded almost every time. Wouldn’t ever step out for a shot. Never heard a buck snort wheeze but have heard plenty of them grunt across the state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Most of the times I've been able to replicate those sounds are after eating at Taco Bell

Comment

I think the vocalization is increased when the competition is higher for does in a given area. I hear grunts all the time from higher pitched young bucks to the deeper toned older bucks. I've only heard a couple of snort wheezes while hunting. They seem to be from the more aggressive bucks but not necessarily mature bucks. The loudest snort wheeze I heard came from a 3 yr old right before he locked antlers with another 3 yr old.

Comment

Yeah, that buck was in serious crazy rut mode.

The way he just started jumping around at the end. He had to be jones'n HARD. lol

J

Comment

First buck I ever killed was walking in and continuously grunting so much so I thought it was a 4 wheeler coming towards me.So much so I got angry and stood up to tell some one off,just to see this 8 pt ominous right at me making the noise he was grunting with in breath and out breath.I ne’er heard that repeated until 2 years ago with another 8 that was chasing a doe.I got him too.The only wheeze I ever heard was from a 2 year old and it sounded more like a sigh like he was depressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X