243 90gr nbt deer load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

243 90gr nbt deer load?

Bad timing but i wanted to try a new load, can’t find any Barnes or Sierra 85s, i like nosler and found a box of 90gr bullets today. My rifle shoots win 95 gr bst’s well but I’ve only got a couple left so i thought I’d give these a try.
    These are not Varmint bullets, These are not accubonds, These are not partitions.
    Please don’t post info or opinions on those bullets, i don’t have those.

Looking for a solid deer round for 90gr nosler ballistic tips.
    Typical shots less than 200 yards.
    Thanks for the help tbh

Bt's should smack thin skinned whitetails. Go for it.

Comment

I've killed a few hogs with those. They're as tough as any deer out there so I'd say go for it. You'll lay one out if you hit it with one of those.

Comment

Not from a 243, but shot several deer with them out of my 270. Worked great!

Comment

Are you loading these your self? And want ideas for load data?

Comment

A friend is loading for me but yes, looking for load data

Comment

I'm using 42 gr of IMR 4350 with a 95gr Berger VLD. This load is WICKED.

Comment

Explore the world of Nosler, renowned for crafting the finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, and brass. Discover our extensive lineup, including Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition, and more. Experience superior quality and performance with Nosler products.

Then choose 95-100 gn.

RL 17 36 -40. 40 grains. Max load and most accurate per nosler.
                Last edited by cm12setx; 10-13-2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXraiderTK View Post
                  A friend is loading for me but yes, looking for load data
                  Go straight to the source. https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/243-winchester/

If your friend is knowledgeable about reloading, he will know what to do

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Wife’s 243 likes heavy charge of varget under a 75 gr vmax. Good luck

Comment

Your friend is going to have to work up a load for your rifle, you can’t just pick a random load off of the internet.

Comment

Not Nosler boat-tails, but myself and my kids have had good luck with Hornady SST. Deer and Hogs.
                          Last edited by Brute Killer; 10-14-2020, 05:41 PM. Reason: Stupid speech to text.

Comment

Although not a Nosler boat tail,
                            SST should be comparable to what you're asking about.
                            What I'm getting at is, these bullets are effective on deer and hogs. At least in my experience.

Comment

I haven't used 90gr but have used the 95gr nosler ballistic tip out of a 243 and found them to be a great bullet for deer and hogs. That particular bullet has a nice blend of penetration and expansion.

Comment

Working...
                              X