Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
    Finally got the lift (OME w/613 front coils & Dakar full leaf pack w/greasable shackles), tires (Toyo M/T 285/75R18 - 35x11.5) and wheels (Level 8 MK6) on!
    [ATTACH]1020475[/ATTACH]

Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Nice. Man I'm so torn on whether to go 6" on mine or just add a 1-2" body for a little more height.

Want to go 295/70/17 on my next set of tires. Once its paid off I'm going to put the supercharger in it and go 35".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I would run as fast as I can, away from body lifts. I wouldn’t.....

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        I would run as fast as I can, away from body lifts. I wouldn’t.....

They don't do anything besides give a little more clearance. Already running icon stage 2. Any 6" kit would be a performance downgrade.

You actually lose ground clearance with a 6" due to the brackets and shock mounts.

All give and take.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

Smart, That bumper looks great!

Thanks man! it took me almost 8 weeks of backorder, a canceled order and a reorder but they finally got them in stock.... Thanks Covid. Now that it is on, it was worth the wait.

Comment

Fun fact, Tractor supply stall mats take the pain out of sleeping in your taco bed with those dang ridges, and their way cheaper then pre-cut Tacoma mats. An exacto knife works great for getting it to fit the wheel wells.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...st=stall%20mat

Comment

First Generation Tundra Limited Crew Cab 4WD , Third Generation 4Runner Limited 4WD , Third Generation 4Runner SR5 4WD , Rav4 Limited AWD , Rav4 Limited , Rav4 , T100 Extra Cab , Hylander AWD , and a Venza XLE . We converted over to Toyota nearly a couple of decades ago and have had zero regrets

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                ^^^ARB Front Bumper?

Have been thinking about that in the front and a Rough Country rear.
                Yes, ARB Summit. It was an absolute PITA to put together and install! About 20 man hours. It’s very well thought out and designed but the end user gets 100% of the hassle of putting it together, cutting fenders, cutting grill, fitting, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  Yes, ARB Summit. It was an absolute PITA to put together and install! About 20 man hours. It’s very well thought out and designed but the end user gets 100% of the hassle of putting it together, cutting fenders, cutting grill, fitting, etc.
                  Looks good! Very useful bumper not just looks.
                  Good to know about install.

Comment

After dragging a bit more trailer this weekend than I usually do with my '15 Tacoma 4x4, I'll be installing a trailer brake controller and likely rear air bags. Anyone have any experience with air bags (Firestone Ride-Rites, etc.) on a Tacoma? Do they make the unloaded ride harsh? Have to carry some weight all the time to compensate? I know they need at least 5psi in them at all times. Or should I consider overloads or a complete new rear spring package?
                    Here's a couple of pics of the truck in question.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Taco 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	24632475
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Taco 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	24632476

Stu

Comment

I have ride rites on wife half ton. Ride is better empty with them. I try and keep about 5# in them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                        After dragging a bit more trailer this weekend than I usually do with my '15 Tacoma 4x4, I'll be installing a trailer brake controller and likely rear air bags. Anyone have any experience with air bags (Firestone Ride-Rites, etc.) on a Tacoma? Do they make the unloaded ride harsh? Have to carry some weight all the time to compensate? I know they need at least 5psi in them at all times. Or should I consider overloads or a complete new rear spring package?
                        Here's a couple of pics of the truck in question.......

[ATTACH]1020907[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]1020908[/ATTACH]

Stu

Take a gander at the sumo springs.

Comment

After MONTHS of back order waiting, my roof top tent finally arrived!!

Comment

After MONTHS of back order waiting, my roof top tent finally arrived!!

So awesome!! Where is the first camping trip you will be making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                              So awesome!! Where is the first camping trip you will be making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First one will be at a campground(probly lake Texanna). We will try and not use utilities unless we have to. Kinda just testing out our equipment and packing skills. Our first real trip is the hill country overlanding loop. Starts in Fredericksburg, then crossed the James River then the Llano River. Gonna make two nights on the trip. Can’t wait!!

Comment

First one will be at a campground(probly lake Texanna). We will try and not use utilities unless we have to. Kinda just testing out our equipment and packing skills. Our first real trip is the hill country overlanding loop. Starts in Fredericksburg, then crossed the James River then the Llano River. Gonna make two nights on the trip. Can’t wait!!

I’d like to do that loop sometime. I love the hill country and have read about that trip before. Looks fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X