Ar10 questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ar10 questions...

I just acquired my first Ar10, and don’t know much about them. I’ve assembled a few 15’s, so I’m comfortable around them.

Furniture: I know the 10 is a “bigger” gun, but can I use the same furniture? Needs at least a new grip.

Barrel: it’s PSA, so it has the SS barrel and I hate it. How hard is it to swap barrels? Also, how does the 308 cartridge handle a shorter barrel, ran through an AR platform? This will be suppressed
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
    I just acquired my first Ar10, and don’t know much about them. I’ve assembled a few 15’s, so I’m comfortable around them.

Furniture: I know the 10 is a “bigger” gun, but can I use the same furniture? Needs at least a new grip.

Barrel: it’s PSA, so it has the SS barrel and I hate it. How hard is it to swap barrels? Also, how does the 308 cartridge handle a shorter barrel, ran through an AR platform? This will be suppressed
    Thanks

Grip should be the same and changing the barrel is the same as a 15. You will likely want to add an adjustable gas block if running suppressed. Short barrels, 16-18 for .308 are A-OK.

Comment

Grip will be the same. I use a 16" 308 suppressed for my thermal set up. No complaints. I went with the superlative gas block.

As far as changing the barrel.. Same process as the 15

Comment

I run an AR-10 suppressed. With an adjustable gas block. I have found they are finicky and hard to suppress.

I suggest cleaning it after every night out. Its the best advice I can give

Comment

This gives me somewhere to start, thanks guys

Comment

The barrel nut is bigger on the 10 than the 15, but the process is the same. Grip, stock, and many internal parts are the same. They are more finicky on gassing, so an adjustable block is a good idea. They are just heavy compared to an ar 15.

Comment

Working...
            X