No announcement yet.

Covert Wireless Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is. Still not cheap. But surprised a company with the reputation of Covert would go this route.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      It is. Still not cheap. But surprised a company with the reputation of Covert would go this route.

I guess when you sell a camera for less than their flagship cameras, you gotta remove some features to make it more affordable yet still profitable. Sounds like mobile FW updates was one of their removals.

Comment

Hit the woods and did a FW update on my camera that went offline when the new app hit. Working for now...that is...it sent a test pic ok. Still don’t like the new format....pretty upset it’s taking them this long to get the “real time” pics going! I’ve ran Covert cameras since they first came out...and their CS has been top notch. But they are really trying my patience!

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
          Yep, 8 on front of tray, 4 on back
          Well, would you look at that? (I didnt).

Cams been up in OK since noon Sunday. Reg old Energizer AAs (8). Taken over 100 pics and still 90%.
          Magine how well it'd do w 12!

Il be ordering a solar panel soon!

Thanks for the enlightenment.....

Comment

Post some night pics if you have them. I want to compare them to my pics in the dark.

Comment

Also, mine is 18 megapixel. Should I set it on there or lower?

Comment

Covert Wireless Update

Yes lower. There’s really nothing gained by setting on 18mp since the native/hardware resolution is likely 5mp or 8mp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have mine set on 8mp. The higher MP will be stored on your SD card if you want to pull it but there is nothing gained by having it set on 18 to send you pics like Roscoe said. Can you call or get single HD pics sent to you with that camera?
                  Last edited by Smart; 08-08-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I have mine set on 8mp. The higher MP will be stored on your SD card if you want to pull it but there is nothing gained by having it set on 18 to send you pics like Roscoe said. Can you call or get single HD pics sent to you with that camera?
                    Straight to the app only. No texts. No remote settings or commands. I am ok with all that. I just did not want to eat more memory than necessary or have it not send pics if the signal was weak.

Comment

I will drop it down.

Comment

I will drop it down.

Do you have an overwrite feature? Where when the card is full it removes the oldest pic to put a new one on it? That's a nice feature to have 5 hours away for me and since I never pull my cards. I just save what I want as I go..

Comment

It is my belief the firmware update with an sd card is for the cheaper line of cameras and pre 2015 cameras. On my blackhawk I did it in the field in minutes.

Comment

New update is even worse. I have to look at each individual picture. Can’t scroll left or right.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Do you have an overwrite feature? Where when the card is full it removes the oldest pic to put a new one on it? That's a nice feature to have 5 hours away for me and since I never pull my cards. I just save what I want as I go..
                              Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                                New update is even worse. I have to look at each individual picture. Can’t scroll left or right.

I am able to scroll. You have to make sure it is minimum size and you swipe left from latest pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X