No announcement yet.

Covert Wireless Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not like the way pics are on the new app. I do like how they are sorted by date BUT overall not impressed yet. Mine is not always showing the red # notification of how many new pics each camera has. I know that will be fixed though

Pretty cool I can add my buddies cameras though on my guest account and see their pics without having to log in to their account

I also like the camera map. I can see on a map where all my cameras are located

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      I also like the camera map. I can see on a map where all my cameras are located

On mine it looks like it must be using the towers as their location because its no where near where my cameras are... Probably 15-20 miles on all 4 on two different properties

Comment

Brand new camera already needs a firmware update. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

You understand how that works right? The retailers buy product from mfg and it sits on the shelf. You buy it several months after it has been built and packaged...even if you buy direct from Mfgr. The Mfgr is constantly updating firmware to make it better and to keep up with the providers quirks. First thing I did was read the instructions....and update the firmware as they suggested. That happens with Iphones, Android phones, computers, laptops, ALL wireless trail cameras, regular trail cameras, apps, anything that requires software to run right out of the package... Its nothing new...

Comment

Wishing some of my other cameras had firmware updates available.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

For those saying you can't zoom, I've found you actually can. You just have to click the magnifying glass with the + in it first. Old app you could just pinch to zoom from the regular photo view, but now you have to take action before you can start zooming. Looks like a total cluster IMO. Should have been tested more thoroughly before they pushed it to the app store. Has all the earmarks of being outsourced and developed overseas at a "bargain" price. Hopefully they get it straightened out in the next month. Someone above mentioned 8 vs 12 batteries. Basically the new cams will work on multiples of 4 batts, 4, 8, or 12. The more batts the longer it will last. From the manual:
              "Your Code Black LTE can function short term on 4‐ AA batteries. Improved battery life on 8‐AA, but we suggest you use 12‐AA batteries to get the most out of your cameras battery life."

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                The new cam I got says 2019. Only uses 8 batts stead of 12 (unless I missed some spots, lol).
                Yep, 8 on front of tray, 4 on back

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  You understand how that works right? The retailers buy product from mfg and it sits on the shelf. You buy it several months after it has been built and packaged...even if you buy direct from Mfgr. The Mfgr is constantly updating firmware to make it better and to keep up with the providers quirks. First thing I did was read the instructions....and update the firmware as they suggested. That happens with Iphones, Android phones, computers, laptops, ALL wireless trail cameras, regular trail cameras, apps, anything that requires software to run right out of the package... Its nothing new...
                  Do you have to download firmware from you computer to a SD card then download from SD card to your cell cam? Would have really sucked had I not made sure it took night pics before placing it in the woods.

Comment

On mine it looks like it must be using the towers as their location because its no where near where my cameras are... Probably 15-20 miles on all 4 on two different properties
                    All mine are correct I just looked.

Comment

Do you have to download firmware from you computer to a SD card then download from SD card to your cell cam? Would have really sucked had I not made sure it took night pics before placing it in the woods.
                      Updates are done on the camera via wireless connection. In other words you must be on a network.

Comment

Very frustrating now I can't log in to my mobile app on my phone. The website still works fine.

Comment

No. As long as you are connected through a good connection via the camera it can be done right there. Takes about a minute...it’s a choice on the menu. See FW update in your manual.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the new app.

Comment

Being from Louisiana booooah you gonna have a hard time...I gaarohnnteeeee

Seriously though they are working some things out looks like. It's growing on me but I'll know more when I get into this evening when I have 75-100 pics come though from 4 cameras. If you can't change settings remotely on your economical Covert then one of my major gripes about the update right now is irrelevant for you... And honestly it's probably a lot of doing one thing for almost 3 years then they side swipe you with change. If this is your first one with them then you won't have anything to compare it too and biatch like us...
                              OK Smart Pants..... Try this on for size. Direct email from Convict.

Subject: [FWD: E1 Verizon Firmware Update]
                              STEP 1
                              Download The Firmware update.

Save the .bin file to an unlocked SD card.
                              STEP 2
                              Take the SD card out of the computer.
                              STEP 3
                              LOCK the SD card and insert it into the camera. (To lock your SD card, it is that small switch on the upper left side of the SD card. Press the switch down and it will be locked.)
                              STEP 4
                              Switch the camera to the SETUP position, wait until the COVERT logo appears on the display screen(this completes the firmware update). Do not turn the camera’s power off while the 
upgrade is in process
                              STEP 5
                              While the camera is still on setup mode, press the menu button. Then scroll over to the SYS tab. Under that tab scroll down until you see “Default”. Press OK. This will take you back to the main screen of the camera. You will see through the lens of the camera. You may then take the SD card out of your camera and UNLOCK the SD card. (To unlock your SD card, press that small switch on the upper left side up and it will be unlocked.)

Jessica Styn

Covert Scouting Cameras, INC
                              4338 Greenridge Spa Rd
                              Lewisburg, KY 42256
                              877-462-1799

Comment

OK Smart Pants..... Try this on for size. Direct email from Convict.

Subject: [FWD: E1 Verizon Firmware Update]

STEP 1

Download The Firmware update.

Save the .bin file to an unlocked SD card.

STEP 2

Take the SD card out of the computer.

STEP 3

LOCK the SD card and insert it into the camera. (To lock your SD card, it is that small switch on the upper left side of the SD card. Press the switch down and it will be locked.)

STEP 4

Switch the camera to the SETUP position, wait until the COVERT logo appears on the display screen(this completes the firmware update). Do not turn the camera’s power off while the 
upgrade is in process

STEP 5

While the camera is still on setup mode, press the menu button. Then scroll over to the SYS tab. Under that tab scroll down until you see “Default”. Press OK. This will take you back to the main screen of the camera. You will see through the lens of the camera. You may then take the SD card out of your camera and UNLOCK the SD card. (To unlock your SD card, press that small switch on the upper left side up and it will be unlocked.)

Jessica Styn

Covert Scouting Cameras, INC

4338 Greenridge Spa Rd

Lewisburg, KY 42256

877-462-1799

Good luck.

Must be that economical version . I can download in the field..

Comment

Working...
                                X