Well crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well crap

Anyone else miss the part in the covert instructions that the provided wire was meant for 6v only but used it for 12v set up? Yeah I did and it smoked pretty good. Wondering if the camera is a total loss. Put in 12 AA and the red light flash’s in a sequence which I’m assuming is some sort of trouble code. Ill contact covert tomorrow to see uf its worth messing with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fried a jager pro camera instantly when I hooked it to a 12v battery like an idiot. It is now a theft prevention device aka fake camera.

That may or may not be the case with yours. The jager pro camera is a rebadged spartan camera, same factory. No familiarity with covert.

Comment

Got some batteries from one of my medical reps

He had a whole sack full of what I thought were AA batteries

I put some in one of my trail cams at the house

Then I went on a hunting trip with my dad and put a couple in my handheld GPS and it started flashing. Thought the joker had given me a sack of dead batteries to get rid of.
      Dad was looking at one and noticed it was 3.6V

Got home and Moultrie camera was toast

Whoever had the bright idea to build a battery the same size as a AA and make it twice as powerful needs to be slapped upside the head

Only good thing was I bought a $2 insurance plan when I bought the camera and was able to collect
      Glad I didn't change the batteries in all of my cameras

Comment

Working...
      X