crack in new patio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crack in new patio

We had our pool/patio built last July. We live in Splendora and it rained about 12" in 3hrs last Tuesday. When we were using the pool on Mothers day we noticed some water seeping from a crack in the cement. Was this caused by the unusual amount of rain or was something not done right during installation to avoid this kind of issue? I'm just not sure if I should call my builder only to be told there is nothing that could be done since we had so much rain

I would call your pool builder I live close to you my pool is 15 yrs old no cracks so far. Rain shouldn’t cause that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What does the crack look like? Are you refer to a control joint? Is the crack separating or heaving?

Comment

There are two types of concrete. Cracked and gonna crack. I would get your installer to look at it if he hadn't been picked up, Seal it so no more moisture gets under your slab. It's the swelling from water and drying out that causes the cracks. Sometimes but not very often it's a bad mix of concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          What does the crack look like? Are you refer to a control joint? Is the crack separating or heaving?
          its a hairline crack running from my fire pit to the edge of my patio. probably about 6' long. Water seeping from a spot that's about 2". Not on an expansion joint

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            There are two types of concrete. Cracked and gonna crack. I would get your installer to look at it if he hadn't been picked up, Seal it so no more moisture gets under your slab. It's the swelling from water and drying out that causes the cracks. Sometimes but not very often it's a bad mix of concrete.
            is there a clear sealer so that the finish still looks good? it is a spray deck finish and painted a beige color.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
              its a hairline crack running from my fire pit to the edge of my patio. probably about 6' long. Water seeping from a spot that's about 2". Not on an expansion joint
              If water is coming out of it, then you need to identify the source of the water.

Comment

Call pool installer. Did have rebar in it?
                I had a patio built with flag stone. I had him put a concrete base with rebar in the concrete and then stone over, No cracks in 5 yrs,

Comment

All ground moves

Comment

It is normal for concrete to crack like you described..

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      If water is coming out of it, then you need to identify the source of the water.
                      the water source is the 12" of rain we got last Tuesday. Ground was already saturated from the rain on the Friday before. We got some much rain it has no where to go. Praying we get some dry weeks ahead

Comment

Bust it up might be a safe under it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

t will give you a lot of gravel, Pee gravel

Comment

Working...
                          X