The Highwaymen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
    Thanks bud. Did you get that land bought and house going you showed me a while back?
    Good to go on the land buddy but will be awhile before building out there. Concentrating on trying to build a shop first.

Comment

She even told me how they were set up by a Barrow family member in Louisiana when they were killed. The movie said it was the gang members dad. What my grandmother said was it was Clyde’s cousins dad that said they would be on that road and that all you had to do was open the hood on a car and they’d stop to help them. She said his uncle didn’t want his son joining their gang because he was supposed to. That’s why they were going there in the first place! The show acts like they tried to take them alive and they made a move. That’s not true from what she said. She said they never left the bushes. I know she wasn’t there to witness that but she did say they were wanted dead or alive and were not given a chance to surrender. Anyway, I could go on and on but there was a lot of untold things and unexplained stuff about them throughout time. She brought it all together because she was part of it.

I’ve got ‘I’m Frank Hamer’ around here somewhere & last read it decades ago...that whole manos arribas story is grounded in truth. From what I recall, there was no intention of ever taking them alive towards the end as B/C were on record about any nonsense considering surrender / incarceration of any form. Pretty sure Hamer supported all you are stating & simply lit them up from the shoulders. Doubt they knew what hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I’ve got ‘I’m Frank Hamer’ around here somewhere & last read it decades ago...that whole manos arribas story is grounded in truth. From what I recall, there was no intention of ever taking them alive towards the end as B/C were on record about any nonsense considering surrender / incarceration of any form. Pretty sure Hamer supported all you are stating & simply lit them up from the shoulders. Doubt they knew what hit them.
        I could tell whoever made this movie definitely did their home work. The perspective of the chasers side is interesting because of how far and long they actually traveled and how hard they were to get close too. My grandmother told me she issued to leave the garage door open when she knew they were coming through. They’d pull in at night and shut the door behind them and climb up in the loft and sleep there. Sometimes they’d come in and visit and sometimes it was too late so they just slept!

Comment

Watched it last night. Very good movie!

Comment

I really enjoyed it.

Comment

good movie and good stories on here

Comment

Hard to beat history paired with good writing and excellent actors. Even if they do embellish...

Comment

Originally posted by wcg89 View Post
                  Wife and I watched it the other night, I thought it turned out great. One thing that is hard for a two hour movie to portray is the time aspect of things, I can't imagine how long it would take to drive as far as they were driving in those older vehicles.

They filmed for a couple of days on a friends ranch out towards Megargel, TX (a.k.a. middle of nowhere). Only a short couple of scenes from his ranch made it into the movie, the most notable one being the ending scene where they switch places in the car.
                  I’ve got family land up in Megargel. Was up there couple days ago shooting pigs.
                  Can you PM your buddy’s name? I know quite a few people in that area.

Comment

I don’t share what I was taught very often by my grandmother. My grandmother and Bonnie grew up together. She was born in 1910 and was 3 months older than her. She told me stories growing up about Bonnie and Clyde. The tents you see people living in next to the houses on the street Bonnie’s family was basically where my Grandma lived. Lots of what was said in the movie was true. She was not just friends with her. She literally grew up with her. My grandmother let them stay at her house in Dallas all the time. My grandfather was related to Raymond Hamilton. His name is Joseph Jack Hamilton. We have pictures in old photo albums of my grandmother and Bonnie holding pistols on each other while their other arms are over each other’s shoulders.

The stories you don’t hear was that they were not just bank robbing murderers. My grandmother told me that Bonnie was raped by 5 officers when she was arrested! They were out to kill those cops. They killed a bunch. My grandmother told me once they Raymond and some of the gang had a sheriff caught in Mckinney and they were going to kill him. Said Bonnie went to see if he was one of them. They let him go because he wasn’t. I remember my grandma crying when she talked about seeing Bonnie’s body shot up. She said she went with Bonnie’s mother Diane to see her. The one thing that was not known and is the worst part was that Bonnie was pregnant when she was shot! I believed every word. Still do. Especially when my grandmothers sister Axie and husband Clayton Mitchel used to come to the house and they would all talk about Bonnie and Clyde. I loved talking to my Grandma and listening to the stories she had to tell. She passed in 1999 at 89 years old. She had told me that one of the old guns in our safe belonged to one of them. I wish I knew which one it was. I could retire lol. I need to go through our pictures. One of the black and white pics is a little girl setting on a Shetland pony with Bonnie Parker written at the bottom.

The reason I mention my grandmothers sisters name is because they are the grandparents of Rodney Carrington. He’s a 2nd cousin. Lol. Small claim to fame!

That’s awesome!
                    I have heard lots of stories also!
                    Raymond and Floyd were my Great Grandmothers brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brownwdbwhunter View Post
                      That’s awesome!
                      I have heard lots of stories also!
                      Raymond and Floyd were my Great Grandmothers brothers.

So her maiden name is Hamilton? My grandfather is Joseph Jack Hamilton. I never knew how but he’s related to them some how. That would make us relatives! Very cool!

Comment

enjoyed it..

Comment

So her maiden name is Hamilton? My grandfather is Joseph Jack Hamilton. I never knew how but he’s related to them some how. That would make us relatives! Very cool!

Yes her name was Lucy Hamilton.
                          There was 2 boys
                          Floyd who went Alcatraz and tried to escape
                          Raymond who ended up getting the electric chair
                          Maggie who killed 2 of her husbands
                          Lily
                          Audrey, who my mom is named after
                          and Lucy.

We actually have Raymond’s original head stone at our house, because their mom gave Lilly money for a head stone and she spent the money.So a home made one was made for him, and my great grandfather who was really close to Raymond, bought him a nice headstone back in the 80’s, and gave the old one to my mom.

Comment

Originally posted by brownwdbwhunter View Post
                            Yes her name was Lucy Hamilton.
                            There was 2 boys
                            Floyd who went Alcatraz and tried to escape
                            Raymond who ended up getting the electric chair
                            Maggie who killed 2 of her husbands
                            Lily
                            Audrey, who my mom is named after
                            and Lucy.

We actually have Raymond’s original head stone at our house, because their mom gave Lilly money for a head stone and she spent the money.So a home made one was made for him, and my great grandfather who was really close to Raymond, bought him a nice headstone back in the 80’s, and gave the old one to my mom.

My grandmothers name is Audrey Hamilton

Comment

Watched it yesterday after church, the wife and I really enjoyed it.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                                Good program. Glad someone finally made a movie about the hero’s and did not glorify the serial killing robbers.

They didn’t make Ma Ferguson out nearly bad enough though...
                                I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X