That was a bad feeling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a bad feeling.

Pulled up to the gas pump today and put it in park but still had the vehicle running. I looked at a text and decided to get me a drink before I got out. I got the lid off my Coca-Cola and was about to take a swig when the truck beside me pulled away from the pumps. He had a trailer on which is what caught my attention out of my peripheral. I dropped my pop on my lap and went to stomping the brakes like my life depended on it. I thought for sure I was gonna roll backwards into something. Scared the holy crap out of me. I spilled Coke on my pants so I had to get out and pump gas lookin like I messed myself. I couldn't do anything but laugh after I got my heart to stop skipping beats. I thought for sure I was gonna tear something up. I couldn't get stopped.LOL

That really was hilarious. At the time no. But for sure right after.

I guess I was just tired and it caught me off guard. Thought I forgot to put it in park I guess. I don't know but I mashed the hell out of that brake pedal.

It's good for you to get the ol' ticker revved up and test your reflexes every now and again I think. Pretty good reaction time I thought. I passed the test. Could have done without spilling Coke all over the place but.....eh.....can't win every time.
    Last edited by okrattler; 09-14-2022, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Well, alrighty then.
      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        Well, alrighty then.
        Thanks for sharing.
        Had to be there to see humor in it I guess. Or maybe you just have to not be an *** hole with no sense of humor. Not sure which?

I thought it was funny. That's really all that matters.
        Last edited by okrattler; 09-15-2022, 01:33 AM.

Comment

I have done the same thing once b4. It’s not a good feeling at first and made me feel like a dumb sh$$ afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
            I have done the same thing once b4. It’s not a good feeling at first and made me feel like a dumb sh$$ afterwards.
            LOL oh man it made me feel like I was going nuts. Those optical illusions can get you.

Comment

I've done it too. Not the spilling part, but the why in the hell am I still rolling away panic brake stomp LOL

Comment

Been there and done it, but without spilling something. Definitely an odd feelin.

Comment

Yep done that before more than once and a few times while operating the fire truck.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    I've done it too. Not the spilling part, but the why in the hell am I still rolling away panic brake stomp LOL
                    Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard my ribs hurt after. Just imagining the look of sheer terror on my face had me laughing.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 09-15-2022, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Been there a couple of times. Crappy feeling, but I have never laughed afterwards, Im just relieved!

Comment

pop ?

What he #$% is a pop ?

lol

Comment

I've done that once or twice at a red light when people had those "spinners" hubcaps.

Comment

LMAO!!! I have been there done that so many times!! It will definitely give the ticker a rev up.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              pop ?

What he #$% is a pop ?

lol
                              Oh yeah, I meant soda. Soda,right?

Y'all don't call it pop in Texas I can't believe that. I thought Soda was what people up north call pop.LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X