Welder/Generator/Electrical Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welder/Generator/Electrical Questions

Have no idea what I'm doing, but about to teach myself how to stick weld. Absolutely tired of my little wire feed.

Picked up this Miller from a buddy today.

I don't have a plug like this anywhere and will be working remotely more than at the house.

Pics of various parts are below.

1. Will this generator handle the welder with no issues?

2. I assume there is some kind of adapter that will allow welder to plug into generator? Please help me find it.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Youtube is your friend. Look up terms like "welding university" or "how to setup a welder". There are some great videos that will explain how to weld, just like I was taught in Ag Shop, back in the 70's.

Comment

Yes you can get an adapter for that plug. Your Welder looks like it's transformer based and that Gen set should run it. There are some videos on Google that will help you determine what wattage is needed to run welders. That plug is a Universial NEMA 250V 50 amp plug
      Last edited by Matt_C; 07-12-2022, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Just build yourself a 2 foot pigtail with the correct plug andvrecepticle.

Comment

Your cord end is a 50 amp 240 volt. You won't be able to properly weld off that generator due to it being 30 amp max. Could you make it work, yes but I wouldn't risk ruining a welder or generator. You'll need a larger generator, 12,000 running watts would be minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X