Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you put gas from a gas can into a vehicle without a gas cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you put gas from a gas can into a vehicle without a gas cap?

This is the first vehicle I’ve owned that has a capless fuel filler. It is a 2022 Ram 1500. I’m in the process of cycling through my generator fuel and went to put the fuel from a 5 gallon gas can into the truck. The nozzle from the gas can was all the way in on the truck, but as soon as I hit the valve on the gas can, fuel went everywhere.

I assume that I need a long funnel to stick in the truck first, then slowly pour the gas from the gas can into the funnel. Is there a certain funnel that I need to get, or is there something that I need to get from Dodge to make this work?

Cap less fuel filler? I need a pic. Never even heard of such.

Comment

5’ piece of 1/2” clear tubing.

Comment

My wife ran a f150 I had out of gas one time. It was capless and I was trying to fill it with a gas can and pouring gas everywhere…
        Look in your owners Manual.. there’s probably a special little funnel tucked away in your truck somewhere (glove compartment, under the back seat, etc.. )

Comment

My wife’s last 2 trucks came with a funnel just for that. Here was located with the jack.

Comment

It is always a good idea to be prepared for any emergency. I was unaware that I needed a special funnel to fill my gas tank in an emergency gas situation. I ...

Comment

The truck should have a funnel. However it is so freaking small it is a pain to use. I bought a bigger one off Amazon for my Ford. I also finally found a nozzle you can put on a gas can and it will allow you to fill the truck directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My ram has a funnel under the front seat like flywise showed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                  My wife’s last 2 trucks came with a funnel just for that. Here was located with the jack.
                  This right here. You can also use a screw driver to get the “cap” open also.
                  Last edited by rwurz; 10-02-2022, 06:40 PM. Reason: Edited

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Cap less fuel filler? I need a pic. Never even heard of such.

Here is what I see when I open the fuel door.

There is no cap. You just open the fuel door and stick the gas nozzle in there. A little flap opens and you put gas in. But when putting gas in from a gas can, it is like there is another flap that is further in which won’t open and thus, causes a huge mess.
                    Attached Files

Comment

There should be a special funnel stowed somewhere for this. Check your manual.

Comment

Funnel. The red eagle gas cans with the yellow funnel that attaches are best.

Comment

Found it under the passenger front seat next to the jack. Thanks guys!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

VIP a racing cans work fine.

Comment

Chevys are in the glove box

Comment

Working...
                              X