Water softeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine question.... Why?

I've showered at places that have soft water, and water softeners installed. I feel as if the soap never leaves my beautiful body. I love rubbing myself all over. But, not in an attempt to make soap go away!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

I've showered at places that have soft water, and water softeners installed. I feel as if the soap never leaves my beautiful body. I love rubbing myself all over. But, not in an attempt to make soap go away!!
      Serious answer.
      Our mineral content from our well water was so high that we would go through one coffee maker every 30 days. The wife had to clean all the porcelain with CLR. I bought a home test kit and it showed the mineral content to be at 28 parts per million. I had a system installed by Nations Pure. It’s not cheap but it does a lot more that just soften the water. When they tested my water they came up with the same hardness scale that I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        Serious answer.
        Our mineral content from our well water was so high that we would go through one coffee maker every 30 days. The wife had to clean all the porcelain with CLR. I bought a home test kit and it showed the mineral content to be at 28 parts per million. I had a system installed by Nations Pure. It’s not cheap but it does a lot more that just soften the water. When they tested my water they came up with the same hardness scale that I did.
        If this https://nationspure.com/products/duramax-water-softener is what you have it’s a simple water softener. They do have some other equipment on line that does much more, but the one above does nothing a $500 to $800 water softener can not do.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Serious answer.

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When you do this then aren’t you putting salt water out of your outside faucets on your yard? Serious question How do you soften the water inside the house and not the the water going on the lawn. Or is that even a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
              When you do this then aren’t you putting salt water out of your outside faucets on your yard? Serious question How do you soften the water inside the house and not the the water going on the lawn. Or is that even a problem.

This will answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post

Thanks

Comment

Its one of them things that I’ve sworn that if the ole lady goes before me will get thrown out.

Dining room table will be replaced with a pool table

I’ll eat on paper plates and drink from a yeti cup

Garbage disposal thrown out was non-negotiable !

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

Cleaner pipes. Faucets. Washing machine. Showers. Just overall helps take better care of your stuff with minimal if any build up. Things last a lot longer. I don’t even notice the shower much anymore. I get clean lol

Comment

No, they don’t last longer. They just don’t break because of buildup.

If the ole lady goes before me, there will be a keg cooler in the dishwasher place !

Pipes are pex and plastic anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                        No, they don’t last longer. They just don’t break because of buildup.

If the ole lady goes before me, there will be a keg cooler in the dishwasher place !

Pipes are pex and plastic anymore
                        Yeah ok. Because all that calcium build up doesn’t mess with anything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                          If this https://nationspure.com/products/duramax-water-softener is what you have it’s a simple water softener. They do have some other equipment on line that does much more, but the one above does nothing a $500 to $800 water softener can not do.
                          Mine has more equipment than that.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Yeah ok. Because all that calcium build up doesn’t mess with anything lol.
                            By the time the calcium gets the appliance, its usually on its way out.

I can replace a shower head or soak a faucet in CLR

Folk act like stuff last forever

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post

I just had my house built. Outside faucets have a separate line. My water softener doesn’t feed them. Also handy in the winter. I can shut one valve and drain them. No need to wrap them.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                I just had my house built. Outside faucets have a separate line. My water softener doesn’t feed them. Also handy in the winter. I can shut one valve and drain them. No need to wrap them.
                                Smart builder. I do this on my homes as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X