New Lease Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    Yes this is a good one you draw blood on a buck stated as a trophy that’s your buck for the year unless he shows back up alive! same goes if he is a cull management deer that’s your cull are management for the year .
    I do support that rule. If growing bigger deer is a priority there needs to be some responsibility for taking the shots. You shoot a big deer and draw reasonable blood, need to count it.

If it can be proven the deer lives During the season, guy can be back in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleZooski View Post
      So it’s not a huge property around 450 acres and the landowner is only wanting 4/5 max on the land. At this point it’s looking like myself, my buddy who’s dad owns it, my dad, and then 1/2 others.

Save the headaches and just say 4 spots and you and your dad split the cost of the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These kind of threads are always interesting. Lots of variable to consider. What have the existing "rules" been for the previous 5 years? What has worked? What hasn't? What are your goals? Are everyone's goals the same?
        Bottom line, everyone needs to be on the same page, can live with and understand the rules.
        All that being said, the real rub is will said rules be enforced? Having a good lease manager/ramrod is the key IMO. It's a stressful, thankless job that I've done and don't care for anymore. I manage people at work....that's enough.

Comment

#1 rule at my place.
          There are no rules!

Comment

Big sign at the entrance.. Use Common Sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
              No guests. Get the right people on as members and you won't need any other rules, or want to bring guests. Works for us.
              Agree with this…. The right ppl make it fun from the beginning. Without knowledge of everyone or knowing them personally, it is hard to establish this

Comment

One of my pet peeves is un-necessary shooting on the lease. Especially on a smaller place.
                Unless the place is several thousand acres. A small place isn't the place to "try out' a new pistol, .22, AR-15, etc. That's what the gun range is for. If you miss, check it with a shot or 2. If it can't be corrected in 2 or 3 shots - break out your back-up rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                  #1 rule at my place.
                  There are no rules!
                  Where do I sign up?

Comment

Our rules are stay out of the hunting area during season unless hunting. No guest until Dec. Gives paying members a chance to hunt without running all the deer off. Guest shoot off your tags. Members children can kill 1 deer off their tags. Any deer they choose. landowners are big on getting kids out hunting. Our place is small. 4 members. We split feed cost and electricity too.. 2 of us usually buy the corn and fill feeders but we keep receipts and get out money back..

Comment

No one hunting off your tags. Set harvest limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Save the headaches and just say 4 spots and you and your dad split the cost of the 4th

+1.
                        I kept a second spot on my “Family” lease for my wife/daughter to kill a buck
                        If they came.
                        We were limited to one buck per family spot so it allowed
                        Them to hunt regardless if I actually killed a buck. I always hunted with them.

The problem I ran into was having members with grown kids hunt in separate stands.

No Speeding. Lots of cows / calves on our lease

I would not allow night hunting for pigs /coyotes during deer season.

The one rule the landowner and I worked out was a buck “trophy fee”. The Lease was inexpensive and the fee was modest. But it kept everyone thinking about not shooting an immature buck

Comment

set your guidelines on bucks. limit guest to immediate family. family hunts off lease members allotment. you act the fool??? youre gone

Comment

New Lease Rules

Last one out of camp shut down the utilities.

No mudding or driving in the ponds.

Dogs or no dogs. We left that open and the 2nd year it went to no dogs.

Anything that the camp needs is split between all members.

At least one year round protein feeder paid for by all members to be located in the center of the property and off limits. Can hunt trails 400 yard away.

Have fun!

Comment

This is why I don’t hunt leases with multiple people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                1. If you don’t show up for at least one work weekend “‘community lease “Don’t in expect opening weekend to be put in the number draw the night before season you automatically get last stand pick for the season if multiple people are in camp!!
                                I’ve never heard of this number draw system ! I would never put my time and money in stands and feeders then to only hope that I would get drawn to hunt what I brought to the table. Craziness!

Comment

Working...
                                X