No announcement yet.

Processors-Dried Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shannon’s in Cherokee makes some amazing dried sausage. My buddy tried it. Then asked me to shoot him a doe for the meat and he had $500+ made lol! It’s delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
      I was able to try Kleins Smokehaus and Rust. I liked them both. Will probably go with Rust just based off location. That would already be a pretty good drive. Unless I find something that is comparable.

Has anyone used Klein’s in Pflugerville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I used Rust year before last their dried sausage is good but the main problem I had with them is when I went to pick it up the vacuum seal packaging already had air in a bunch of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
        Greens sausage house does dried sausage. I’ve driven by tons of times headed to the property we hunt but never stopped in. Finally did last weekend and picked up some of their sausages and other odds and ends to try out as they do deer processing as well.

All was very good. I did not get the dry sausage though. Maybe give them a holler and see how they make it? Or drive up from B/CS have lunch at the restaurant there and grab some. Real nice shop.

https://www.greenssausage.house/

I do need to call them. I have used them several times in the past and have always enjoyed going over there. I didnt even think about checking with them on dried sausage though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
          Cow Creek in Boerne.
          X2. Although not as good as our own homemade, but they make a one of th best commercially available dried sausages available.

Jason Slocum

Comment

following

Comment

When it comes to retail, I am not sure you can beat Prasek’s. That is my take at least.

Second best on my scale f would be Dzuik’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Penshorns in Marion
                2nd this place!!

Comment

Check with Nolan at Broken Tine Processing he is just down the road from the B/CS area in Snook. I am not sure how he does his but its good.

Comment

Schneiders in Fredericksburg offers air dried for both jerky and dried sausage.

Comment

If you just want to buy commercial made the hunters dry links at Millers in Llano are excellent.

Comment

Stonewall Smoke House for me - and several others slackers (i.e. TBH moderators) that have apparently not seen this thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X