Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shotkam double ..and an official review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotkam double ..and an official review...

Just a quick video of a few dove shots .....one is a double and the other is a bird my 14 yo nephew (who is a helluva shot), tried to call and yelled take it to the video after both his Dad and I said he missed and the bird was mine. He was almost limited himself as well so we weren't taking it easy on him. I sent this too him and we all got a good laugh out of it. He did have to stop saying he helped me finish my limit though...cocky sucker.. Weather was cloudy and misty these days so pardon the quality.

Love this shotkam element added to the hunt. Gonna try to put a season long video of the shotstogether after this weekend down south. I need to teach myself to follow the bird to the ground more with the gun instead of dropping the gun like normal and watching with my eyes or trying to move on to another bird.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icFS29eQeZE"]Shotkam .....dove double - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4y3FwYH2go"]TMan Video Check - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Smart; 09-14-2022, 05:31 PM.

Nice video. Is it mounted under the barrel? Do you have to hit record whenever you see birds coming in?

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
        Nice video. Is it mounted under the barrel? Do you have to hit record whenever you see birds coming in?

Yes it is mounted under the barrel. It is turned on with the push of a button at the start of a hunt. It will go into sleep battery saving mode with no activity but when you see a bird just lightly bump your stock with you hand and it kicks on automatically. Just a quick bump. Fires it right up and good to go. If you shoot an OU and your barrel is cracked in between birds, the closing of the action turns it on as well. Its great technology.

Comment

Hahaha. Definitely your bird, but I'm pretty sure nephew hit it with his second shot.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s cool.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              Hahaha. Definitely your bird, but I'm pretty sure nephew hit it with his second shot.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

LOL....yes he did...He bobbled it with his first shot too but it was flying solid. I forgot to add, the bird was coming to me and he tried a hail-mary 50 plus yard shot to get it before me so he could talk some mess. He was calling the bird on the first bobble. He's a good kid, he just likes to compete with his uncle.. The old man had to tap his brakes for him a little when he called for a video review..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Yes it is mounted under the barrel. It is turned on with the push of a button at the start of a hunt. It will go into sleep battery saving mode with no activity but when you see a bird just lightly bump your stock with you hand and it kicks on automatically. Just a quick bump. Fires it right up and good to go. If you shoot an OU and your barrel is cracked in between birds, the closing of the action turns it on as well. Its great technology.
                Thanks for the explanation. Going to have to see about getting one now. No more of other people claiming your bird like my buddies do. That's best video quality I've seen from a little camera like that.

Comment

We can post NON-Bowhunting videos in this section???

I take it you really like the shotkam? I've been wanting one as I have been severely disappointed in the two tactacam's I bought and tried out. Starting to get tired of using a gopro on my head and having to be constantly conscious of which way I'm looking or constantly holding my hand over it until I shoot as to not have a reflection.

Comment

The double is greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      We can post NON-Bowhunting videos in this section???

I take it you really like the shotkam? I've been wanting one as I have been severely disappointed in the two tactacam's I bought and tried out. Starting to get tired of using a gopro on my head and having to be constantly conscious of which way I'm looking or constantly holding my hand over it until I shoot as to not have a reflection.

This forum used to be called "Its All About The Video"...

Love the Shotkam. The field of view, clarity, battery life, user friendliness and the technology is incredible. Just gotta learn to follow better post shot to make better videos...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        This forum used to be called "Its All About The Video"...

Love the Shotkam. The field of view, clarity, battery life, user friendliness and the technology is incredible. Just gotta learn to follow better post shot to make better videos...
                        Haha yea I kept forgetting to follow the bird to the ground too!

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Really cool

Comment

No wonder you can hit them that good. That is about the slowest dove I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X