Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    I drive by it all the time!
    That’s cool. I remember as a child that house would accommodate 3 families on holidays with plenty of room. Now it seems so tiny.

Comment

I don't visit my parents or grandparents graves. Just don't like the idea they are buried in the dirt i guess. I keep them in my heart and mind. Not a day goes by that i don't think about one or the other . Most days i talk to them , everyday i miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
        I don't visit my parents or grandparents graves. Just don't like the idea they are buried in the dirt i guess. I keep them in my heart and mind. Not a day goes by that i don't think about one or the other . Most days i talk to them , everyday i miss them.
        I dont either because they ain't in dat grave and in dat dirt. Who they are and were is their soul. Their soul ain't in da graveyard

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I do understand and respect your position rebelbow. I’ve been on the fence for a long time on these very issues. But the actual visit did me good. And as you claim they are with us any time we feel like chatting.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            I dont either because they ain't in dat grave and in dat dirt. Who they are and were is their soul. Their soul ain't in da graveyard

I agree 100% Ducko. I visit they’re spirit very regularly. But for me knowing that I can be right there next to the physical vessel that is left behind gives me comfort. But that’s just me. It’s not for everyone. I get that. But moving beyond the reason a person does or doesn’t visit the grave site, someone needs to maintain the head stone and keep it clean and legible. I felt like I had disrespected them by not doing that annually. I hope that you can understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I do understand and respect your position rebelbow. I’ve been on the fence for a long time on these very issues. But the actual visit did me good. And as you claim they are with us any time we feel like chatting.
              I understand and respect your position as well. My Mom goes to her folks gravesight all the time. I understand it may do you well in whatever capacity that is. I dont bash folks that visit the grave I just dont understand it. To me they ain't in there.

Comment

But moving beyond the reason a person does or doesn’t visit the grave site, someone needs to maintain the head stone and keep it clean and legible. I felt like I had disrespected them by not doing that annually. I hope that you can understand that.
                Oh yes sir, I understand that. My last post we were typing at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Oh yes sir, I understand that. My last post we were typing at the same time

I knew that you would. Thanks for your understanding that we are all different in the way that we show respect and the way that we grieve for loved ones that have gone on.

Comment

I'm within ten miles of my grandfolks grave's multiple times a month, and I havn't stopped in years. I'm with some others, I just don't feel any closer to them there than anywhere else. I choose the memories, to the headstones...but I'll probably stop by sometime soon.

Comment

i understand your position, mean't no disrespect. my dad visited mom's grave constantly. we had a bench placed there where he could sit and talk with her.
                      he constantly was working on the headstone and flower arrangements. it seemed to give him some sense of peace.

Comment

i understand your position, mean't no disrespect. my dad visited mom's grave constantly. we had a bench placed there where he could sit and talk with her.
                        he constantly was working on the headstone and flower arrangements. it seemed to give him some sense of peace.
                        I never considered your reply to be disrespectful at all. It’s a very touchy situation for a lot of people. But I’ll be shooting for more frequent visits myself.

Comment

Before being hospitalized I would make the drive to see where my loved ones are buried when time allowed. If no important machinery was broken down I’d usually go on a weekend if I could get away long enough. When I’m able to drive again I’ll be going again soon, hopefully.

Comment

My grandmothers house.
                            It's for sale.

Comment

Wow. I have a lot of fond memories from that place. Shot a many a dove and quail out there and a few ducks. Thanks for posting.

Edit: shot AT a lot of quail.
                              Last edited by Gumbo Man; 05-13-2023, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                I’m a sorry SOB. I don’t get wound up about dead family members. I loved them but they are dead and gone, just like I will be dead and gone one day. Putting flowers on my/their grave won’t bring them back. That’s just $30 that will die and get swept up by the caretaker of the cemetery.

The religious folks may have different opinions and that’s cool also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Wow, that’s all I can say!

Comment

Working...
                                X