No announcement yet.

Payin' For Your Raisin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for you. I've been there and it is really tough. It's an emotional roller coaster.

Comment

Prayers for your mother, for you and for your family.

Comment

Going through similar situation with dad and family. Fortunately, younger brother is a huge help but older brother can’t seem to be bothered with it. Prayers up for you, it’s tough.

Comment

Praying for you brother!!

I completely understand where your coming from. I was my wife’s sole care giver the last few months of her life here on earth. No matter how hard it was emotionally, mentally, or physically I would trade all the rest of my days for one more with her!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great advice.
            Everyday is a challenge.
            And we all know this to shall pass!
            Praying for anyone that going through this honor!

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowHead View Post
              Who has had to take care of an elderly parent?
              I am going through geriatric HELL!
              Mom fell and broke her hip last November.
              I have cared for her since.
              She has developed dementia at a very rapid pace!
              I blame the Phizer death Jab on the speed of decline! IMO
              I get no help from a brother and sister!
              This is HELL on earth!

I had someone tell me to remember that mom is the person that raised me.

I will Thank you for prays now.
              And I pray every morning and night, but this is nothing I wish on any of my GS brothers and sisters!
              Brother I went through almost the exact same thing after my dad died! Mom came to live with us and had dementia, had a broken rib from a fall, and continually got up all hours of the night to use the bathroom and couldn’t. Would wake up and call my dads name at 1:00a m. It was very very hard.
              Take this one day at a time. If she has some money put away check out care. Com and get yourself a break every once in a while. Maybe they come in to bath her, groom her, etc etc. you have to have a break. My sister never lifted a hand. She stood by on the sideline’s waiting for death.
              One day at a time brother. Pm me if you’d like to talk.

Comment

Prayers up! I'm getting ready to deal with this myself.

Comment

Ditto what Sailor said. I’m so glad I had the time with my mom. And e en more thankful that I had a nurse for a wife. I miss my folks everyday.

Comment

Just saw this, Mark! Life is not always fair. In fact, it sucks sometime. Hang in there brother and know we are praying for you and your mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Just saw this, Mark! Life is not always fair. In fact, it sucks sometime. Hang in there brother and know we are praying for you and your mom.
                      Thank you Randy
                      Everyone is praying for a better life! I know it will get better.

Comment

Working...
                      X