A Bowhunting Thread…Had Some Luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bowhunting Thread…Had Some Luck!

I spent the weekend traveling and working with the fish tank because…well, it’s all about the kids . The area I was traveling is pretty close to a fellow tbher’s property that Is known to have a few pigs. He’s generous enough to basically give me free reign of the place because he’s usually working. (In typical tbh generosity fashion)

Got in the stand around 7:30 pm with plans to stay until 9:30pm. About 9:15, all hell broke loose in the woods below and pigs were everywhere. I start turning on lights…camera, sight pins and lastly, the Sniper bow light. It was so dark and there were so many lights, I felt like I was looking out of a Christmas tree. However, the pigs never flinched. I picked out the biggest pig and let one fly. The Nockturnal reappeared on the ground about 10’ from where the pig was standing. Clean pass thru. As a bonus, the pigs that weren’t bleeding stayed. So what’s a guy to do but fumble with his quiver and shoot another. Same result…clean pass through and arrow lands right next to the first one. Only one problem occurred in this perfect scenario. I must have hit the record button on my video camera twice because it didn’t record. DANGIT!!!

Now the best part of the hunt…said tbher shows up to track with an ice cold Miller Lite. After ripping the lids off those we began one short tracking job that may have gone 30 yards. Then started second tracking job but got stumped where the blood trail seemed to go in a small circle on the edge of a hay field. We looked and looked. Finally upon giving up at the little circle of blood, he says, “hey look!” That dang pig was right there under a cedar bush we’d walked past multiple times. Another dead pig within 30 yards.

Thanks for looking and thanks to my tbh buddy. I sure do appreciate you! I had a great time as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Fishndude; 08-01-2022, 11:46 AM.

Congrats

Comment

Nice work amigo!!

Comment

Way to go Jeff!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice shooting Jeff!

Comment

Congratulations! Keep whacking!

Comment

Wtg Jeffrey! Good shootin' as usual.

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Sweaty old man!

Comment

Great write up and good to see a hunting thread again. Props go out to anyone that can sit in this Texas heat without falling out. Glad you were able to get “knocked up” again for the 2fer.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Heck Yea

Comment

Thats awesome! Which head did you use to get the job done?

Comment

Working...
                              X