2010 Polaris Sportsman 800 Big Boss 6x6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
    Did some research on this today and now agree with keeping the rope.
    The tech at Warn said I have the wrong fairlead for the rope so will probably change that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks that way. The Fairlead with the rolly things is not correct. Under a load the rope can get in the cracks between the rollers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching

Comment

Out of the 9, always has to be the one that sticks.

Comment

Comment

After I repair/weld the frame crack, I’m going to stiffen the frame in what I can see is the only weak spot. Made a pattern and going to burn a piece of 1/4” plate to match. Then weld that to the frame to tie it all together. Will be rock solid then.

Messes with my mind to see how the frame is not symmetrical in this place.

My pattern:

Comment

I found another one that’s coming up in an auction. Pretty clean looking

Comment

Here’s the crack in the frame:

And the view of the frame (crack at rusty spot bottom left corner of pic:

Cardboard held up to represent where I will weld in the 1/4” plate….after I weld the frame crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  I found another one that’s coming up in an auction. Pretty clean looking
                  If you don't want it, text me the info. My brother wants one now.

361-772-3526

Comment

361-772-3526
                    Let me go find it again lol! It may take a while

Comment

Man that should strengthen the heck out of it.

Comment

361-772-3526
                        I didn’t want it , I just came across it and thought someone on this thread may want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          I didn’t want it , I just came across it and thought someone on this thread may want it.

https://www.equipmentfacts.com/listi...-sportsman-500

Thanks man. He’s looking for an 800. Hopefully someone here will jump on it.

Comment

Pretty impressed for the most part with the beefiness of this machine. Weighing in at over a thousand pounds ain’t no joke.

Was considering building a steel bed for her, but the factory polymer bed is in really good shape overall and I’m impressed with how durable it seems. Decided to clean it up some and keep as-is.

Was really disappointed to see that the bed is being held down with 9 of these screws.

I can’t have that, so going to replace them with stainless button head socket cap bolts. 8 of the 9 bolts turned with two breaking off and one having to be drilled completely. Went back and drilled out all 9 holes in the tilt bed frame. Going to clean up the steel before paint and reassembly.

Comment

Looking good.
                              I wonder if my 2 Popo's could use that same brace?

With the lack of gap between the rear tires.... keeping an eye on true - on wheel aired up- measurements when buying your new tires will prevent an oh shucks moment.

What tires are you considering?

Comment

If they will fit:

I

Mostly ride in rocky areas, so want more of the truck A/T style tire.
                                Last edited by TXBRASS; 10-14-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X