New House Extra Closet - gun vault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the title says - i have a spare closet in my office room big enough to walk in but not massive - 20 ish sqft. Thinking of making this an overflow gun case/closet. Anybody on the green screen trimmed one of these out? know theres negatives with fire and theft risk

Put a safe door on it. Burglars won't think to try to go thru the sheet rock sides.

Comment

i am definitely looking into the vault doors. maybe cut racks and wrap in felt for inside?

Comment

I had one in a previous house that was in my wifes closet. The door was her shoe rack and had a hidden magnetic latch to open it, you never would have known it was there. I didnt have anything to protect from fire though but it was cool. it was a little bigger probably 75-100 Sq. Ft.

Comment

secret door is an awesome idea i didnt think of.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
            secret door is an awesome idea i didnt think of.
            This is the way to go, google it, tons of ideas.

Comment

Build a set of “built-in shelves” that are actually freestanding. Put rollers on them, so you just roll the entire unit out to access the closet. Put a normal gun safe inside for fire protection. I may or may not have done this in my house. Let’s just say your normal thief who’s in a hurry wouldn’t notice that they weren’t true built-in’s.

Comment

I’ve got a nice one.

I’ll try and post pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did a 3x3 closer to hang some Camo and store bullets.

Sorry about the mess that’s clean bedding for the ranch and haven’t bagged it up yet for when I head back. Gun cases are not typically in there also but that’s where they ended up the last trip home from the ranch.

Where the RTIC bag and gun cases are I want to put a work bench or add another safe.
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 02-04-2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I just recently did my gun closet. I have a cnc and have been working on refining this system to try and bring to market. Not the best photos, but this might give you an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by crumrw; 02-05-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Congrats on your new house and the spare closet! I personally haven't converted a closet into a gun vault, but I've seen some awesome DIY projects online where people used fireproof and theft-resistant materials like reinforced steel or concrete walls and high-quality locks. Just make sure to do thorough research and consult professionals to ensure the safety of your firearms. Speaking of houses, I recently moved into a new condo at hillockgreen-condo.com.sg, and it's been an amazing experience! The amenities are fantastic, and the location is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                      X