Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sir! Even if I pass again this year, really just looking forward to being outdoors and getting to watch them in person!

Comment

Always a great thread...good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
        Any good dove activity yet? I’m near Childress.
        I’m seeing a lot of dove. However haven’t seen much quail. Last few years they were thick.

Comment

Y'all are looking great! Getting closer!

Not sure when I'll get cameras out as my fall isn't shaping up to be flexible as I had hoped. Might not make it out to hunt till Christmas.

Comment

I am in......

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
              I am in......
              Quit holding out on us.
              I know you got some good ones to show.

Comment

Clark - your funny. Was up last weekend, everything looked fairly green down by the river. May be hard hunting first part of season.

I have not shot a deer in years. Until I find one that beats the one on the wall, I will continue to let the boys take turns shooting my deer. Youngest shot his first buck with a bow last year.

Come see us.

Comment

May be heading out this weekend to check cameras and fill feeders.

Comment

Clark, Robert, either of ya'll gonna be up here this weekend to shoot some dove? I plan on shooting some Sunday/Monday. Not sure if I will be out Lutie way or Quail direction though. I have to make some calls and see where the birds are at. Who knows, may just have to do some driving and scouting on Saturday.

Comment

Headed up to childress this weekend for some dove as well as final prep before the season.

Back in July when we were out last it was THICK. Ive never seen our lease as green and full as it was a few weeks back. It true its starting to dry/thin out?

Havent seen many reports on dove numbers? Anyone have luck opening weekend?

Also curious on quail numbers. A few years back we couldnt get rid of the suckers. Seems the last two years have been rough. Anyone seeing good numbers coming back?

Comment

I'm in!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im in too.

Comment

Welcome back, y'all.

Comment

Got a good rain all across eastern panhandle last night. Coupled with several others in the last month or so things are looking way better than they were in early August.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                                Got a good rain all across eastern panhandle last night. Coupled with several others in the last month or so things are looking way better than they were in early August.
                                2" of rain Thursday morning not far from Quitaque. For the guys going to feed in the next two weeks take a shotgun because the birds are thick. Wish we would have had more time to hunt but the deer through us a curve ball and ate about 6000 lbs. of feed in a month. So it turned into a work weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X