All four gun control measures fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun control measures fail to clear Senate hurdle http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...te-hurdle.html

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No surprise. Anyone who voted on these didn't have the chance to read them carefully. Anyone who votes on something without reading it carefully is an idiot.

These measures were destined to fail and everyone knew it. The point was for the sponsors of the bill to get credit for "trying" to come up with a solution. That's why the NRA backed Cornyn's bill.

Comment

LOL........now everyone can say THEY did not want to find common ground to their constituents! More drama to come, it is how politics works.

Comment

Anyone who thinks gun control cant happen needs to look at the votes. Entirely too close.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
            Anyone who thinks gun control cant happen needs to look at the votes. Entirely too close.
            Yup Five or six lost seats in the senate and we are done for.

Comment

It was a little too close for my comfort

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post

It's coming in the next 10 years with the way everything has been going. Didn't think gays would be able to get married in this country and it happened. America seems to be heading the same way as some of our cousins across the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  It's coming in the next 10 years with the way everything has been going. Didn't think gays would be able to get married in this country and it happened. America seems to be heading the same way as some of our cousins across the pond.

Yep, the very moral fiber of this country is declining to the point where it's inevitable. Just a matter of time.

Remember, this is all written in the Good Book. Not sure if I will still be around to see the break down...but I sure worry for my kids and grand children.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Yep, the very moral fiber of this country is declining to the point where it's inevitable. Just a matter of time.

Remember, this is all written in the Good Book. Not sure if I will still be around to see the break down...but I sure worry for my kids and grand children.
                    My kids and grand kids are what really worry me. If things go to crap I'd rather it happen now so we can sort it out, so that our children andgrandchildren can live in peace.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

so it's still legal for an individual at a gun show to sell to a felon without a background check?

i support the 2nd amendment, but that loophole should have been closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Yep not sure if I'll see it in my lifetime but it's coming

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                          so it's still legal for an individual at a gun show to sell to a felon without a background check?

So you want all gun sales, even private owners to go thru a background check. Would probably be easier if we all registered our guns and they were safe in a governement database. That would solve a lot of gun crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            So you want all gun sales, even private owners to go thru a background check. Would probably be easier if we all registered our guns and they were safe in a governement database. That would solve a lot of gun crimes.

I know you're joking, but the registry is already here. They even have to tell The Man how many magazines they have in some places.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post

No, it's not. Selling a gun to a prohibited person knowing that person is prohibited from possessing firearms is a serious federal felony. Where the sale takes place is irrelevant.

And Artos is right: by parroting the misleading language of the anti-gun crown you're propagating their agenda, lies, and misinformation. Don't throw fuel on the fire.

LWD
                              Last edited by LWD; 06-21-2016, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X