• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spikatus

Another candidate for culldome!

thwack, I can hear it now

Comment

Let the air out of that thing fast................

Comment

I have one just like that is, hopefully, destined to expire on the evening of Oct. 2, 2010.

Comment

Looks like he should be mighty tasty!

Comment

I don't think anyone would argue that he is a cull spike.

Comment

give it a dirt nap

Comment

better whack em and enter him in the big spike contest ,looks like a winner lol

Comment

Horns don't eat. So what cha waiting for. Oh, opening day.

Comment

I've got his twin running around my lease. This guy might have an inch or two on him, but falls under the same category. Dead on sight.

Comment

Enter longest spike division and then send an arrow his way.

Comment

let him walk. the spike will probably grow up to be just as big as most other yearling bucks

Comment

Originally posted by ajavelina View Post
                          let him walk. the spike will probably grow up to be just as big as most other yearling bucks
                          Agreed. Coming from someone who's heavily involved with the management of deer in south texas, it's a much better practice to shoot does instead of spikes. No question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                            Agreed. Coming from someone who's heavily involved with the management of deer in south texas, it's a much better practice to shoot does instead of spikes. No question about it.
                            Ya but that aint no yearling spike! Or is it just me that sees an older deer in that pic???

With all the rain that most of Texas has recieved this year it seems like he should have been better than that.

Comment

My thoughts are that he is an older deer too but till I see him in person i cant be sure. The camera sometimes distorts size of horns and the body. Thanks for everyones input. Ill get back later with more details. Luckily he has that scar on his face that will be pretty recognizible if he lives till next near.
                              Last edited by OFBHWG; 09-13-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X