Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 14 day trip to Hawaii

6 nights on Kuaia and 8 on Maui

Best vacation I have ever been on, unbelievable vacation, lots to see and do.
    I appreciate all the recommendations from you guys here ...too much to list but the top ones were....

Road to Hana- unbelievable sights, and we made the loop past Hana, ( 14 hour day) on the Volcano side...

Laua in Lahaina- sunset alone was worth the money

Saturday- morning I was at 10,000 ft above seas level, and 4 hours later 10 feet below sea level snorkeling at Molokita crater

Kuaia was awesome and more laid back, slower pace...enjoyed that very much

Golfing at Waeliea course...

Mama's fish house for dinner and sunset----most expensive meal I have ever paid for two...but I would do it again...Lobster tail was incredible

Too many pics to list but here are a few
    Attached Files

That sounds and looks like a fantastic trip!

Comment

Nice trip
      We did the full loop on Road to Hana...not bad at all

Loved Mama’s Fish House too ($$$$)

Comment

Looks like you went to Fleetwoods, been going on vacation to Maui for 22 years now. great place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
          Looks like you went to Fleetwoods, been going on vacation to Maui for 22 years now. great place.
          Yes we did...great food and 1/2 price drinks for lunch...

Laheina is a great little town....

Mick wasnt there, in New Zealand touring...but walked through the museum...very cool

I will go back

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
            Nice trip
            We did the full loop on Road to Hana...not bad at all

Loved Mama’s Fish House too ($$$$)
            I did the full loop before GPS... Not sure how car rental people would handle the off limit areas now that they will know you did it. That used to be rough one lane roads on that circle around the backside. But I did it in a 4 door car without too much trouble. Had to go really slow and straddle some washout areas.
            Some really cool views and areas though.

Comment

I know you had a great time!

The Gold course is my favorite.

We have done Maui many times and we need to venture off to other islands. I want to do Pearl on our next trip to the islands.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                I know you had a great time!

The Gold course is my favorite.

We have done Maui many times and we need to venture off to other islands. I want to do Pearl on our next trip to the islands.
                I would recommend Kuaia.....

Met Bethany Hamilton surfing there....

We were driving on a back road by Aninia beach and saw a blonde woman with one arm walking to her truck...I told my wife that is Bethany...she sadi no it isnt..
                I said how many 6 foot blonde one arm girls do you think are here...rolled the window down and hollered Hi Bethany ...she poke to us for a min or so and left...nice girl

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  I did the full loop before GPS... Not sure how car rental people would handle the off limit areas now that they will know you did it. That used to be rough one lane roads on that circle around the backside. But I did it in a 4 door car without too much trouble. Had to go really slow and straddle some washout areas.
                  Did that one in a Chysler Lebaron convertible about 1993.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    We went in June 2018 and did the loop. The sign that was there 19 years before that said "no rental cars past this point" was no longer there. The roads were much better. There were small tour buses making the loop also.

We did 7 days in Maui and 3 in Kauai. Was our first to Kauai and wanting to go back and spend more days there.
                    Thanks for posting the pictures.

Comment

We did Maui for honeymoon in 2000. Thinking about going back for the 20th anniversary next summer.

Comment

If I didn't have family in Texas, I could live on Kauai pretty easily. Maui is nice, but Kauai is our favorite for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          If I didn't have family in Texas, I could live on Kauai pretty easily. Maui is nice, but Kauai is our favorite for sure.

Oh... absolutely

Comment

So we just booked our first trip to Hawaii. We are staying at the Turtle Bay Resort in Kahuku. Any advice for some new tourists? We plan on going to the USS Arizona on our last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X