Would this story be different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
    How would you know how a black person has to live in America? How can you see what I see if you can't walk in my skin? I know by your comments you don't feel like its a real thing but to me it's very real.
    What do you see? Please share.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post

The reason that a higher PER CAPITA number of blacks are shot is because they commit more violent crimes.

No need to bring facts directly from the FBI to state your case. You may trigger his emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        It works like this... TBH has posts every day about getting a ticket of some sort that was not justified. We think nothing of it.

When this same thing happens to some black guys they have it in their head it's because they're black.

It's that simple IMO

Comment

He gone! Typical left leaning fashion.

Great article on Baltimore police force and what happened after Freddie Gray:

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            He gone! Typical left leaning fashion.
            I was being sincere in my questions, both his age and what he's seen? He probably could have opened my eyes up to something I don't see based on where I live and my conditions. I'm always willing to learn but I just can't ever find anyone who makes such claims that will explain.

Comment

I was being sincere in my questions, both his age and what he's seen? He probably could have opened my eyes up to something I don't see based on where I live and my conditions. I'm always willing to learn but I just can't ever find anyone who makes such claims that will explain.
              Me too. For some reason I am reminded of something that happened to me around 1996 at a big machine shop I worked at. The shop was very diverse, many guys in their 50s and 60s. A lot of Vietnam vets. No racial tension I was ever aware of, my closest "work" friend was black. But there were a few that seemed to still feel racial tension.

One day a former pro football player ( have forgotten his name-wasnt anyone well known ), sauntered up to me as I walked to the break room. He was big and intimidating ( maybe 6' 5" or so ). I was 21 years old and skinny haha. He had some nuts in his hand and leaned close and said "I know what yall call these". I looked at him, completely at a loss. I hesitated because I didnt know what to say. He said "yall call these @$€*÷# toes" . I was dumbfounded and and told him " I dont know what you are talking about, I have never heard that". He didnt believe me. I didnt know what to say and politely walked off.

Even at that age I guess I shouldnt have been so naive', but I was shocked. I thought we were past that. I asked my stepdad ( born in 1939 ) and he said they did used to call them that but hadnt heard it in a long time.

Now I realize this man had lived through it. Had seen it. And he couldnt let it go ( I doubt I could either ). But most of the ones who lived it are old ( or gone ). But it still is there somehow, in the younger guys.

My question is "why"? At some point the past needs to be in the past.

This is why I want to hear about current day, real, institutionalized racism.

Comment

I can give a personal experience. Went into a convenience store to grab a coke. Got in line behind two black ladies. I noticed that the white girl cashier was pretty snobby to them and didn't think much of it. Then when it was my turn she was just as snobby toward me. Said in my head "what a dueshe"or something to that matter.
                When I went outside I over heard the two ladies saying she was a racist and treated them like crap because they black. Thought to myself...wait a minute I just got the same treatment??? Really made me ponder how different ethnicities interpret the same treatment?

And Miket...that is what my grandma used to call those nuts. Different times.

Comment

I can understand that considering you've never seen real snow before.

Comment

I have a very good friend that i have known since elementary. We hang out sometimes while hunting. Everybody there knows not to talk politics around him because he leans left and see things different than me. Well i have never been afraid to argue or discuss politics. Like you, i was very open to hear why he thinks the way he does. Very educated, makes great doe, lives in a high end place. We talked civil for 2 hours and he made complete since on his views.

Forward 1 year later and he stated he was a major BETO contributor at a dove hunt and the fight was on. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      It works like this... TBH has posts every day about getting a ticket of some sort that was not justified. We think nothing of it.

When this same thing happens to some black guys they have it in their head it's because they're black.

It's that simple IMO
                      I can give a personal experience. Went into a convenience store to grab a coke. Got in line behind two black ladies. I noticed that the white girl cashier was pretty snobby to them and didn't think much of it. Then when it was my turn she was just as snobby toward me. Said in my head "what a dueshe"or something to that matter.
                      When I went outside I over heard the two ladies saying she was a racist and treated them like crap because they black. Thought to myself...wait a minute I just got the same treatment??? Really made me ponder how different ethnicities interpret the same treatment?

And Miket...that is what my grandma used to call those nuts. Different times.
                      Happens all the time.

Comment

Hntr2506 if you want all the numbers to work out to balance as per population percentage wise it's gonna really hurt.
                        If the black population in the US is 13-15% as I've seen reported and you want it equal then let's do it. Let's make all jobs in the country 15% black. Let's make all welfare recipients 15% black. Let's make all NBA players 15% black. Let's do that with all the sports, NFL and NHL etc. Let's make everything equal.
                        Not fair you say? Not at all.
                        What's more is there are no quick and easy fixes to the social issues in the world. But I promise you this, if you work hard and keep your nose clean you are less likely to get shot by a police officer whether you are armed or not.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          I am pretty sure that dude has known ANTIFA ties and was not allowed on school property to begin with. I will see if I can find the news link I read. And on top of that some of you guys are as bad about making everything about race as the left. Just quit it already. Idiots of every race get shot for being stupid every day.
                          LOL...........now you know that just cant be the case on TBH. Yep, one less imbecilic nitwit that my daughter may have to encounter.

Comment

Working...
                          X