Would this story be different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
    Your right but blacks are only 13% of the population where whites are 63%.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/...al-disparities
    Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    13% of the population, but commit over 28% of the crimes. Again, what’s your point?
    By your math whites commit over 129% of the crimes. That or you're racist!

Comment

The disparities appear to be even starker for unarmed suspects, according to an analysis of 2015 police killings by the Guardian. Racial minorities made up about 37.4 percent of the general population in the US and 46.6 percent of armed and unarmed victims, but they made up 62.7 percent of unarmed people killed by police.

Do you understand what this is saying? Your not a racist, but YOU know that a minority committed the crime that they are now dead for.

Comment

Colin Kaepernick............is that you?

Comment

The disparities appear to be even starker for unarmed suspects, according to an analysis of 2015 police killings by the Guardian. Racial minorities made up about 37.4 percent of the general population in the US and 46.6 percent of armed and unarmed victims, but they made up 62.7 percent of unarmed people killed by police.

Do you understand what this is saying? Your not a racist, but YOU know that a minority committed the crime that they are now dead for.

Vox and the guardian. Cmon man.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
            Vox and the guardian. Cmon man.
            This. If you want to make valid arguments and potentially change someone’s mind you’re gonna have to lose the ridiculous commie sources.
            Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-03-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I don't even need those sources. I can see for myself what's happening now and in the past.

You choose to disregard evidence that doesn't suit your opinion.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfH36aAUAnI"]WHITE vs BLACK Man with WEAPON in an OPEN CARRY STATE - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I don't even need those sources. I can see for myself what's happening now and in the past.

WHITE vs BLACK Man with WEAPON in an OPEN CARRY STATE - YouTube
                Facts are a pesky thing, when a false narrative is being exposed. You are the one expressing opinion as fact!

Comment

WHITE vs BLACK Man with WEAPON in an OPEN CARRY STATE - YouTube

So you come on this forum where we are very supportive of LEO and you post a video in which the thumbnail depicts cops as pigs?

You’ve latched on to a false narrative that’s been pushed by the left and the mainstream media.

Forget about your feelings, and look at the facts. Blacks are not being attacked by cops wrongfully. Are there some bad apples, sure just like any profession. But this narrative of it being an epidemic is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                    So you come on this forum where we are very supportive of LEO and you post a video in which the thumbnail depicts cops as pigs?
                    That was unfortunate, I didn't see that until after I posted it. Sorry.

You’ve latched on to a false narrative that’s been pushed by the left and the mainstream media.

This false narrative is my life. I live this.

Forget about your feelings, and look at the facts. Blacks are not being attacked by cops wrongfully. Are there some bad apples, sure just like any profession. But this narrative of it being an epidemic is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

How would you know how a black person has to live in America? How can you see what I see if you can't walk in my skin? I know by your comments you don't feel like its a real thing but to me it's very real.
                    Last edited by Hntr2506; 02-03-2019, 08:13 PM. Reason: misquotes

Comment

Forget about your feelings, and look at the facts. Blacks are not being attacked by cops wrongfully. Are there some bad apples, sure just like any profession. But this narrative of it being an epidemic is ridiculous.

How would you know how a black person has to live in America? How can you see what I see if you can't walk in my skin? I know by your comments you don't feel like its a real thing but to me it's very real.[/QUOTE]

I’m interested in your perspective. Where do you call home, and what do you see hear and feel as injustices on your average day...?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        How would you know how a black person has to live in America? How can you see what I see if you can't walk in my skin? I know by your comments you don't feel like its a real thing but to me it's very real.

I’m interested in your perspective. Where do you call home, and what do you see hear and feel as injustices on your average day...?[/QUOTE]

I am genuinely interested as well. At my age ( 43 ) I do remember some blatant racism ( cops and citizens ) when I was younger. But it has been many years since I have seen it. I know some individuals still have bias etc. Maybe somehow I am insulated from it? Or those around me know how I am and hide it? I dont know. These days I dont see true racial prejudice. I do see cultural prejudice. I harbor some myself. But everyone I know that I can think of truly believes we are all equal, and would not target someone because of race. Or be more inclined to shoot them or pull them over based on race. Many do indeed look down up many cultural aspects and behaviors. These behaviors are something people can control, but choose not to.

But with this countries history of racism, I can see there being some remnants of fear. Some fear of the past. But would like to know if the fear is really justified. Is someone really more likely to be pulled over because they are black? Or is it certain behaviors one exhibits, an attitude one exudes?

I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          I’m interested in your perspective. Where do you call home, and what do you see hear and feel as injustices on your average day...?

I am genuinely interested as well. At my age ( 43 ) I do remember some blatant racism ( cops and citizens ) when I was younger. But it has been many years since I have seen it. I know some individuals still have bias etc. Maybe somehow I am insulated from it? Or those around me know how I am and hide it? I dont know. These days I dont see true racial prejudice. I do see cultural prejudice. I harbor some myself. But everyone I know that I can think of truly believes we are all equal, and would not target someone because of race. Or be more inclined to shoot them or pull them over based on race. Many do indeed look down up many cultural aspects and behaviors. These behaviors are something people can control, but choose not to.

But with this countries history of racism, I can see there being some remnants of fear. Some fear of the past. But would like to know if the fear is really justified. Is someone really more likely to be pulled over because they are black? Or is it certain behaviors one exhibits, an attitude one exudes?

I dont know.[/QUOTE]

I’m with you friend. And news story’s and statistics won’t fix the problems. Hell, the NRA got their start in Jim Crow. They have drifted a long way from those times. Most gun laws effect the poor first and the most.

Comment

It's a pity, that some people just talk, but they never do

Comment

How would you know how a black person has to live in America? How can you see what I see if you can't walk in my skin? I know by your comments you don't feel like its a real thing but to me it's very real.[/QUOTE]

Baltimore?

Comment

Your right but blacks are only 13% of the population where whites are 63%.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/...al-disparities
                                The 3 largest ethnicity's in the US
                                White:76.6%
                                Black:13.4%
                                Hispanic: 18.1%
                                White alone/not hispanic: 60.7 percent

This is the 2017 violent crimes committed by race..
                                Offender Race
                                White 46%
                                Black or African American 44%
                                Unknown 8%
                                American Indian or Alaska Native 1%
                                Asian 1%
                                Native Hawaiian 0%
                                Offenders w/ reported race 382,181

Someone who did not know may think that all crime was committed by only black and whites.. What happens now in these statistics is that Hispanics are counted in with the white. So by this statistic, 76.6% (roughly) of the populations commits 46% of violent crime.. Makes sense, because that is the OVERWHELMINGLY majority. What is disturbing is that 13.3% of the population is right behind that number with 44% of violent crimes being committed....

Now lets throw a kink into these stats. According tho the FBI, in 2016 Hispanics or Latinos (non white), committed 23.8% of violent crime in the US.. So, if that trend continued into 2017, that would mean that Caucasians only committed 22.2% of violent crime (roughly)..

So, we have
                                Blacks at 13.3% of the population commit 44% of the nations violent crimes.
                                Whites at 60.7% of the population commit 22.2% of the nations violent crimes.
                                Hispanics at 18.1% of the population commit 23.8% of the nations violent crimes...

The reason that a higher PER CAPITA number of blacks are shot is because they commit more violent crimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X