No announcement yet.

Charcoal Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for the Weber Kettle. I have the deluxe model and it sure makes dumping ashes a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Vision Kamado about a year ago or so and so far I haven’t been a fan. It does chicken great, but anything that renders a lot of juices it smokes terribly bad. Idk if I’m doing something wrong but it really is way too much smoke. Think I’m going to try and sell it and get a pellet grill should be a happy medium between this grill and a propane grill.

Comment

I bought a Vision Kamado about a year ago or so and so far I haven’t been a fan. It does chicken great, but anything that renders a lot of juices it smokes terribly bad. Idk if I’m doing something wrong but it really is way too much smoke. Think I’m going to try and sell it and get a pellet grill should be a happy medium between this grill and a propane grill.

Comment

The Kettle is like the swiss army knife of grills. Start looking at all the stuff you can do with one/attachments and you'll be overwhelmed

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
            not cheap, but last forever.... pk grills

my dad has had one more than 40yrs; I have one now and like it
            I'm on my second Portable Kitchen grill. Forgot the first one when I moved and it was still going strong after almost 40 years. Grill or smoke.

Comment

Weber Kettle would be first choice. PK also good. Akorn is good entry level kamado type. Old Smokey also one I would look at.

Comment

Weber Kettle. Customer service is top notch as well. Had the clean out fins rust up, contacted them and they sent me new set free of charge. Everything from grilling to smoking. And last a lifetime if you keep it out of the weather when not using. But need the Kettle so it has the deep bottom.

Comment

Old Smokey

Comment

Old Smokey or Weber.

I snagged an 18" ol smokey from HEB for like $29 bucks last summer. Cheap, super convenient, cooks/stays HOT, and tons of replacement parts/accessories such as longer legs, etc.

Comment

Weber kettle is hard to beat

Comment

Weber or 55gal barrel pits at HEB.

Comment

Whatever you buy get a Webber best grills out there.

Comment

I have had a Weber grill since 2001 and still working fine. Replaced the grates a couple times but works good:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Again Weber Kettle, replaced grill, grates and the half moon charcoal holders. They last and grill or BBQ great.

Comment

The webers use to be great and I had two of them over a space of too many years to even say. Maybe 25 years or more. They lasted forever and all I ever did was replace the cooking grate every few years. But then the last one I bought about 2 years ago just doesn't seem nearly as good. They cheaped out on some stuff and I'm just nor real impressed. I like them alot and I think they do a super job grilling steaks, which is the main thing I keep one around for.

Old Smokey's are worth trying for the price. I have cooked and/or eaten a ton of great meals off of them over the years. My dad was an Old Smokey fan and we always had at least one or two around when I was growing up and we still keep one at the deer lease. To me they do better for stuff like burgers, chicken and things you aren't trying to sear. You have to get a pretty good fire going in an Old Smokey to properly cook a steak unless you add some extra bolts to raise the charcoal up closer to the cooking grate, which can easily be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X