Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad String Replacement

Hey tribe -

Need some assistance. I've emailed 2 different shops and haven't gotten an answer. I have a Samick Sage at 62" tip-to-tip (says so on the limbs) and pulling 40 lbs. One of the top recommendations I see is to get a replacement string, but I don't actually know the string length/type I need. Anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks,
    LaS

Should be a 58” string. I don’t have a sage so I don’t know if fast flight or Dacron.

Comment

Buy one from Braveheart Archery

Comment

Trad String Replacement

Take the stock string off the bow and measure it from end to end. Then contact a custom string maker like HCB Strings, Bayou Traditional Archery, or Mountain Muffler Strings (there are others too), and order one the same length as the one you already have. If it’s a new (newer) Sage, it should be low stretch string compatible.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stildub on eBay is good people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually, you should order 2, so you have a backup string!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Actually, you should order 2, so you have a backup string!

Bisch

This... get 2. Get fast flight. Wonder who you are talking too... because a stick bow string maker should be able to tell you what length for that bow.

Should be a 58" string if I recall correctly.

Comment

An unopened backup string I had bought with my sage from 3Rivers.

58" FF recurve (the recurve designation just means they have a wider loop on one end to slide down a typically wide limb compared to a longbow.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  An unopened backup string I had bought with my sage from 3Rivers.

58" FF recurve (the recurve designation just means they have a wider loop on one end to slide down a typically wide limb compared to a longbow.
                  Swamp, this is awesome. Will order.

Comment

So how do you know how long a string should be if you have a bow but don’t have a string?

Comment

Originally posted by Barefoot View Post
                      So how do you know how long a string should be if you have a bow but don’t have a string?
                      Call bowyer and ask.

Typically 4” shorter is a good starting point...then hokey pokey the twist.

Comment

4" on a recurve 3" on a longbow

Comment

Working...
                        X