2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
    Fished Palestine from 3:00-7:00 this afternoon and found lots of huge crappie piled up on a mainlake point by accident. There wasn’t really much structure or any cover but a crazy amount of fish in open water. Caught a ton of crappie, 9 bass, 2 catfish and 2 yellow bass...I have never caught a yellow bass on Palestine before. It was an awesome evening!
    Sounds like a great place to drop a brush pile

Comment

Trying to get my fishing buddy tuned up on Livescope! We're getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished Palestine from 3:00-7:00 this afternoon and found lots of huge crappie piled up on a mainlake point by accident. There wasn’t really much structure or any cover but a crazy amount of fish in open water. Caught a ton of crappie, 9 bass, 2 catfish and 2 yellow bass...I have never caught a yellow bass on Palestine before. It was an awesome evening!
        Well I couldn’t wait to get back to that spot I had stumbled across. I usually throw everything back but I went to Academy and bought a new filet knife, the fish I caught on Friday were so big I bought a new scale too and took a cooler full of ice...JINX! Went back on Monday and only caught a handful of 10-12” crappie and 4 spotted bass on that spot! I pecked around and caught about 10 more fish on a couple of other spots but it was nothing like Friday!

Friday evening was pre cold front, dark clouds rolling in with light wind out of the North and Monday was Post frontal condition, bluebird skies with 20mph wind out of the Southwest...so totally different conditions.

Comment

Well I couldn’t wait to get back to that spot I had stumbled across. I usually throw everything back but I went to Academy and bought a new filet knife, the fish I caught on Friday were so big I bought a new scale too and took a cooler full of ice...JINX! Went back on Monday and only caught a handful of 10-12” crappie and 4 spotted bass on that spot! I pecked around and caught about 10 more fish on a couple of other spots but it was nothing like Friday!

Friday evening was pre cold front, dark clouds rolling in with light wind out of the North and Monday was Post frontal condition, bluebird skies with 20mph wind out of the Southwest...so totally different conditions.

Crappie will drive you to drinking

Comment

Look what the postman delivered! Pretty excited about this one! Would love to see crappie fishing as big as bass fishing in my lifetime!!

Comment

Nice!

When I grow up, I wannabe a crappie fisherman like you Mr. Frobe.

That'll be something for you to remember. Frame it up!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Congrats
                If you need some help prefishing let me know.

Comment

Congratulations, that's great!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! Congratulations, you have definitely made it to the big time now! Go get em sport!

Comment

That is awesome Slew...You could be the KVD of crappie fishing! Just please don’t ever be the Crappie Ike!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Look what the postman delivered! Pretty excited about this one! Would love to see crappie fishing as big as bass fishing in my lifetime!!

I caught 8 Monday. Do you need me to show you where to fish?

Comment

Congrats Todd that is awesome!!

Comment

Thanks y'all! I'm pretty fired up! Gonna make it a mini vacation with the wife and fish everyday while she shops or goes to the spa or whatever people that don't fish do!!![emoji2]

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

Tough day on the lake but happy with the way it ended. Probably had 20-30 keepers today. Just no size. Oh well! Ray Roberts in June! Bring on some timber donkeys!!!

Comment

Had a pretty good mess of fish!!! I'll be back over there in 2 months fishing with my buddy Chris Webb for my birthday! Dock shooting Constant Pursuit Outfitters thump chubbies in JB Special and Shadowboy was the ticket today. Most the fish were 20-25' back under docks with about 6" clearance. Tough task out my tall sled!!

Comment

Working...
                                X