2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I’ve been chomping at the bit to go. I get to go often enough I’ll just wait. Bought me a new tractor today so I’ll spend this weekend cleaning up some stuff.
    Yup me too bubba, these late season fronts can kiss my azz. One day 22 out of the SE, next 25 from the NW ... back and forth, back and forth

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      Only happens when I make plans to go the coast. Taking the family to POC this weekend. Every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Take your sailboat! You'll be in Cancun in about 20 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Yup me too bubba, these late season fronts can kiss my azz. One day 22 out of the SE, next 25 from the NW ... back and forth, back and forth

I may have to brave it soon, gotta clear the rattlesnakes out of camp before they settle in and make themselves at home. I don't mind any level of South but where I'm at the NW will sink a boat if you're not real careful.

Comment

My son and I plan on chasing high fence green trout Friday on fayette

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent the weekend in Port Mansfield. It was a grind but we found a few. Mostly on topwaters but a few on plastics.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              My son and I plan on chasing high fence green trout Friday on fayette

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Heck yea Shane good luck! Post pics!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                Only happens when I make plans to go the coast. Taking the family to POC this weekend. Every time.

Same here, headed down Thursday evening. Should get excellent fuel mileage on the way down with a 25 MPH tail wind
                Good thing about POC is there will be fishable water somewhere, just have to get to it. Saturday looks like a better day. Have Mowdy will travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Anyone fishing Easter weekend?

Taking the wife and kids Friday morning to soak some croaker, and I do some real fishing Saturday morning for me.

Ill be out there! Excited to get back on the water!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                    Ill be out there! Excited to get back on the water!

You and me both.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      Same here, headed down Thursday evening. Should get excellent fuel mileage on the way down with a 25 MPH tail wind

Good thing about POC is there will be fishable water somewhere, just have to get to it. Saturday looks like a better day. Have Mowdy will travel.

True! Headed down Friday. Agree Saturday looks better.

Comment

Goal is to get out a lot more than the 3 times I went last year!

Comment

Had a great weekend in matagorda. Friday was a bust and me and the wife and kids fought hurricane force winds till we had had enough.

Marsh hunter and myself fished Saturday morning to ideal conditions but unfortunately I was only able to catch 1 redfish. Overall a fantastic trip and can’t wait to do it again.

Comment

Saw lots of people had a tough day Saturday even with good winds... that was a brutal high pressure over us and the fish seem to lock down under it. Unless you're soaking croaker... those guys slammed them pretty good.

Comment

Went fishing out of New Orleans yesterday with the wife. We were supposed to fly out to the chandeleur islands and wade fish but the winds were to high so ended up fishing local out of a boat instead. Most of the reds were caught sight casting to them

Comment

^^^ nicely done! I sure like those LA limits!

Comment

Working...
                                X