Snake bite test ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake bite test ?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a study on venomous snake bites.
    One that might show whether a product is actually snake bite proof and how it was determined.
    I bought some leg gaiters that say snake bite proof but has no data.
    I'm thinking about placing a balloon in them and having a rattle snake bite them, if i can find a snake.

I've done some testing. I was just wearing the stuff that got bit. Gaiters,chaps and boots. Work boots will stop a snakes fangs. They're just not as tall so a guy could run into problems.....I know first hand. I did run into a problem.LOL

Comment

I was hit by a rattler a few years back. The chippawa snake boot stopped the fangs from going thru. Never go hunting without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've had my cheap ole snake boots from Academy tested A few times. But the snakes died from the experiences.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
          I was hit by a rattler a few years back. The chippawa snake boot stopped the fangs from going thru. Never go hunting without them.

Same.

Comment

If they didn’t work we would hear about it from the TBH BRETHREN

Comment

Danner elk hunters will stop a couple hits from a 2 footer he sure did inject a lot of venom in that boot though

Comment

I’m sure they’ll work.
                I always just wore my cowboy boots while working the snake pits and got struck hundreds of times, never a penetration.

Comment

I wear Turtleskins gaiters and according to their website they have been tested against live rattlesnakes and cottonmouths. Who knows. I am encouraged by the fact that I can wade through prickly pear without getting stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    I’m sure they’ll work.
                    I always just wore my cowboy boots while working the snake pits and got struck hundreds of times, never a penetration.

I wear snake boots every time I hit the woods
                    Never been struck

Been struck once while wearing my everyday cowboy boots
                    No penetration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Red Wing work boots are snake proof. All you need is a good thick leathered boot.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I wear Turtleskins gaiters and according to their website they have been tested against live rattlesnakes and cottonmouths. Who knows. I am encouraged by the fact that I can wade through prickly pear without getting stuck.
                        What I’d love to find is an actual video of a test on gaiters. I know they ain’t biting through leather or the uppers on snake boots. I guess I’m going to do a test myself if I can catch a snake.

I know those turtle skins look impressive

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          What I’d love to find is an actual video of a test on gaiters. I know they ain’t biting through leather or the uppers on snake boots. I guess I’m going to do a test myself if I can catch a snake.

I know those turtle skins look impressive
                          You're gonna get bit trying to catch the snake. Just assume that the gaiters or boots work as advertised and keep yourself from losing a thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            I’m sure they’ll work.
                            I ain’t afraid of snakes but heck no!

Comment

I got bit by a cottonmouth when I was 16...dang fang went straight thru my tennis shoe

got hit again when I was 30 by a Timber Rattler...fangs went straight thru a Lacross Grange rubber boot, maybe 4" from the top.

got hit two years later by a cottonmouth...those Gokey Bullhide snake boots broke his fangs!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X