Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
    Here is another nice wether we just clipped off for sale.. This is probably the best set of sheep we've ever had. New buck did good work!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Looks good. How is he bred?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are thinking about getting a trailer to haul our lambs. I’m considering Aluminum with removable pen system (4-6), tack room, AC with insulated roof, rubber flooring and a ramp For loading.
      Am I missing any needs be?.

--thanks

Comment

Bought a steer online for next years county fair, oldest son is going to show it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TBrandum View Post
          We are thinking about getting a trailer to haul our lambs. I’m considering Aluminum with removable pen system (4-6), tack room, AC with insulated roof, rubber flooring and a ramp For loading.
          Am I missing any needs be?.

--thanks
          My buddy had a pan built in his show trailer that had a pipe going to the outside to dump water buckets out or rinse drench guns in. Could also be used as a urinal if needed as well.

Spend the money and get you a good quiet generator to run the ac and lights in the lamb compartment and the tack room. Make sure to have a generator light installed on the fender so you can see it in rear view mirror to know that the generator is still running going down the road. Nothing worse than the generator shutting off going down the road and the ac stopping in the summer time
          Last edited by aggie2000tx; 08-10-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            My buddy had a pan built in his show trailer that had a pipe going to the outside to dump water buckets out or rinse drench guns in. Could also be used as a urinal if needed as well.

Spend the money and get you a good quiet generator to run the ac and lights in the lamb compartment and the tack room. Make sure to have a generator light installed on the fender so you can see it in rear view mirror to know that the generator is still running going down the road. Nothing worse than the generator shutting off going down the road and the ac stopping in the summer time
            Thanks for the reply, all of that sounds like great info. I know what you mean about the generator cutting off. We had an issue this year with my buddies while we were heading back from Brownwood. Luckily we were able to catch it in time. He told me horror stories after that about people losing their live stock in trailer from the generator quitting.
            The pan with a pipe sounds like a pretty good idea, I’ll have to see about possibly setting something like that up.
            I know the generator inverters are much quieter and that the Honda is a great choice. Has anyone had any experience with the Champion brand? We have use a few of them on the job and they did ok but they were not an inverter. Found one that has a remote to start, may let me know if it’s running? And has a 3 year warranty may check into it because it’s half the price of the Honda?

Comment

Anyone taking steers to Hondo this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                Bought a steer online for next years county fair, oldest son is going to show it.
                Dat gum!! Assuming yall show hair in your county. Working good hair on a calf is one of my true joys in life.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                  Anyone taking steers to Hondo this weekend?
                  I love that show. It was a toss up between that and dove opener, South zone. Not a hard choice. We'll be hunting.

Comment

Working...
                  X