No announcement yet.

Check List for Africa Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Airline are flying on? Some have issues with archery equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
      Man I overthink everything I do. Planning, preparation, and just talking about the trip before I go is half the fun for me for some reason!
      I agree, also helps to make the time pass quicker

Comment

And don’t forget to check the plane out real good before you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
          Heading over next Tuesday w DVS.
          I went with them last year. Very enjoyable time.

I am trying to figure a way back.. but when you sell it to your wife as once in a life time.... she only remembers the "once" part.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

All good recommendations, especially the journal! PM me your contact info if you want and I’ll give you a little more detail.

Comment

Sunscreen
              Hat
              Sunglasses
              Hunting pack
              Exta batteries- range finder to be exact
              Extra release if you have one
              Anti diarrheal meds
              Sleep aids
              Allergy pills
              Any normal meds
              Small first aid kit
              Camera/video camera
              Tripod if it fits
              Snack bars- my safari had a good selection but some times I wanted my own or US jerky not biltong

Cash

I took some wipes called "dude wipes" not only for long sits but the plane ride.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                Heading over next Tuesday w DVS.
                I spoke with them before I booked with the outfitter we chose. Seems like a great outfit. Best of luck to you!!

Comment

Originally posted by 257 View Post
                  What Airline are flying on? Some have issues with archery equipment.
                  We are flying Delta on the way there and Air France on the return.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                    I agree, also helps to make the time pass quicker
                    Thanks for the support!!

Comment

Thanks for the support!!
                      I spend a lot of time here : https://vimeo.com/user36243393

He does most the filming for my outfitter. Love watching these videos, especially when I know I'm headed back. Its like Christmas when there's a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
                        All good recommendations, especially the journal! PM me your contact info if you want and I’ll give you a little more detail.
                        Great talk Doug, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                          I would add a small journal and pen. While in the hide you can log the animals you see and shoot along with times. Every night before you head off to bed make detailed notes of the day. You can reference them years from now.
                          Highly recommend this. However, I just used the notepad on my Iphone and e-mailed it to my self everyday....just in case something happened.

Then once I got home, I consolidated everything.

Comment

I spend a lot of time here : https://vimeo.com/user36243393

He does most the filming for my outfitter. Love watching these videos, especially when I know I'm headed back. Its like Christmas when there's a new one.
                            Thanks for sharing this. Really good quality compared to most of the YouTube stuff.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. Really good quality compared to most of the YouTube stuff.
                              I'm thinking about having them do mine. Did you see Raypo's on that site? Ray Possey. He's posted in on here after his trip. That was a bit crazy when his Giraffe got up

Comment

I'm thinking about having them do mine. Did you see Raypo's on that site? Ray Possey. He's posted in on here after his trip. That was a bit crazy when his Giraffe got up
                                I haven't yet. I am a little biased I usually just look for bow hunts! There will be five of us going this trip. Four of us will be hunting, and my younger brother will be going to film the whole thing for us. We want to really put something nice together. We have some nice equipment to film with, and he has good editing software and is pretty dang good at it in my opinion. It is a lot of work. We split his plane ticket to do it for us! We want to get some footage of everything starting as soon as we leave the house, and just put it all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X