Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on the 6.8....

Help me out here on the 6.8.
    Wanting to build a 6.8 on a AR platform for hunting.
    Most likely will put the ATN scope on it.

Obviously want it to be accurate and reliable, but don’t wanna spend Wilson combat money on it...

I have a buddy saying the Bison armory barrel and bolt carrier is a must.

Where to shop?

What to buy?

I will most likely be buying parts one by one.

Will all 6.8 uppers / lowers / barrels etc all fit or am I looking for certain things when buying for it all to fit?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will sell you a Wilson Combat 6.8 with PEPR scope mount, Vortex scope complete for 1500.00. It just sits but i have killed a bunch of hogs with it as well as some deer.

Comment

Bison, or I had a ar15part.com upper and had no issues, it’s alot cheaper option. Primary arms and palmetto state armory is a good place to look as well

Killed my biggest deer, a axis, and probably 20 pigs between me and my wife. My dad killed 2 deer and a few pigs with it as well before I sold it

Yes all parts for a 6.8 will fit any ol ar15 lower. Only difference is the bolt carrier, barrel, and magazine
      Last edited by kd350; 06-26-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

What to look for when buying lower build kits ?

Comment

I just rebarreled two 5.56s that I already had. One was a Delton upper with a Rock River lower and the other a Mossberg complete. ARP barrels on both. One is a day gun, one is a night gun. I've killed coyotes, axis, and a bunch of hogs with them. Biggest was a 270 lb. boar. High shoulder, dead in his tracks at about 75 yards. The only thing I would do differently is to go with 16" barrels instead of 20".

Comment

I had a 6.8 built.. used a ARP barrel. Great barrel.

I used a guy outside Dallas.. https://www.blackstonearms.com

He has some uppers ready to go. Bought the mags from him too. Slapped it on a standard AR15 lower.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I just rebarreled two 5.56s that I already had. One was a Delton upper with a Rock River lower and the other a Mossberg complete. ARP barrels on both. One is a day gun, one is a night gun. I've killed coyotes, axis, and a bunch of hogs with them. Biggest was a 270 lb. boar. High shoulder, dead in his tracks at about 75 yards. The only thing I would do differently is to go with 16" barrels instead of 20".

Yep, 6.8 was designed around a 16” barrel.

Comment

ARP is who you seek for barrel and bolt combo. Personally I wouldn’t even go 16”. 12.5” may be my next killing stick for hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    ARP is who you seek for barrel and bolt combo. Personally I wouldn’t even go 16”. 12.5” may be my next killing stick for hogs.
                    Was actually thinking of selling my 16" ARP upper and going with a 12.5", but haven't done the research on ballistics dropping 3.5" of barrel length. Is the difference minimal?

Comment

My ARP 6.8 is my go to gun for anything I want to shoot with a rifle... It is an absolute tack driver with the Hornady 120 gr ballistic tip ammo... 3/8" 100 yard 5 shot groups before I put my Trijicon on it. I had no idea a semi-auto was capable of shooting like that! Made some unbelievable shots with it over the last 4 or 5 years...

Comment

Post the pics!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

First pick is how I started it..second is how it ended up and is today.

Lower was built by a buddy when I was competing in 3gun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

School me on the 6.8....

6.8 SPC II is a killer round!

Mine has a Wilson Combat Barrel and it’s a tac driver!

I shoot Wilson Combat Ammo with 95 grain Barnes TTSX rounds out of a 16” 1 in 11 twist SS barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Chad C; 06-27-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X