Trad shops in Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad shops in Houston area

Looking to get back into the trad game the “right” way this time. By that I mean I’ll probably wait and buy a bit nicer bow than the $120 bass pro recurve and actually take the time to go to a shop and find the right arrow setup. That being said, I’m not sure where to find a shop that specializes in Trad gear in the Houston area. Anyone on the green screen have a spot they prefer?

Rick Erdman at West Houston Archery can help you. He use to be the owner of Swept Wing.

There is also a ton of good people on here who have posted answers to everything you will eventually ask.

Comment

Thanks! It wasn’t so much for questions, it’s for the ability to go into a shop and shoot multiple different bows. Not sure that exists around here.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
        Thanks! It wasn’t so much for questions, it’s for the ability to go into a shop and shoot multiple different bows. Not sure that exists around here.
        I'm not sure that exists anywhere.

Gary

Comment

Go to a TBOT tournament and ask to shoot some peoples bows.

There is a TBOT shoot at Banana Bend in Baytown this Saturday

How big of an ole boy are you?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I'm not sure that exists anywhere.

Gary
            The only place I’ve found is RMS gear in Wheat Ridge Colorado. They have hundreds of bows, and oddly enough I’ll be in that area in a couple of months.

I called up there today and asked if they knew any shops in Texas and they said they don’t really know anyone else with a trad shop like theirs.

But heck I’ll show up at the next TBOT shoot I can and see if I can’t get into some trouble anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
              Go to a TBOT tournament and ask to shoot some peoples bows.

There is a TBOT shoot at Banana Bend in Baytown this Saturday

How big of an ole boy are you?
              I’ll be on Port A Saturday, but I really appreciate the advice.

I’m a 28” compound draw, but my lurking here and elsewhere tells me I’ll likely end up closer to a 27” draw

Comment

Let me know when you're coming to Buffalo Field and I can bring a few of my longbows.

Comment

If you don't mind driving a few miles east of Houston, there is a shop in Bridge City that is exactly what you're looking for. The name is Precision Archery. They have all kinds of trad bows and equipment with a great shooting range.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be on Port A Saturday, but I really appreciate the advice.

I’m a 28” compound draw, but my lurking here and elsewhere tells me I’ll likely end up closer to a 27” draw

Give me a heads up next time you’re gonna come down here. Headed to Vegas Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                      Give me a heads up next time you’re gonna come down here. Headed to Vegas Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      If I was going with just my small fam I’d come see ya, but I’ll be there with the in laws and won’t be able to peel away

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                        If you don't mind driving a few miles east of Houston, there is a shop in Bridge City that is exactly what you're looking for. The name is Precision Archery. They have all kinds of trad bows and equipment with a great shooting range.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
                        That’s awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X