No announcement yet.

What scope for $800-1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex PST Gen II. Have one on my 6.5 that APR built for me. Works great for short and long distances.

Comment

Swarovski Z5's are in the $1400 range. I have 3 5x25's and love 'em. I was always a Leupold man until I looked through Swarovski.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
        I’ve actually got a bnib Vortex Viper Hs-Lr scope ready for my new rifle but before I use it I wanted to see what y’all thought. It’s for long range hunting and I have crappy eyes (yes I have contacts but still)
        I can get a leupold mark 4 er/t 6.5-20x50
        Would you step into a vortex razor if you could get a used one? Is the vortex I have better than a leupold?
        I can’t seem to step up into the mark 5 because of price.
        Thought about a night force but the “lower end” is SFP
        Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I have a discount thru Leupold. Let me know what glass you like they offer and I'll get you my cost.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
          I have a discount thru Leupold. Let me know what glass you like they offer and I'll get you my cost.

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
            Swarovski Z5's are in the $1400 range. I have 3 5x25's and love 'em. I was always a Leupold man until I looked through Swarovski.

Started looking into these. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

If you can get the 3.6-18 MK5 with FreeStylest’s discount that’s the way to go IMO. The equipment is only a small part of the battle though.

Comment

Ok so let me ask, what would you get? If I had to step up to $1500 what should I be looking at. We are talking 600 yard shots routinely during hunts and I’d like to do some range shooting out to 1000 yards. Trust me when I say I have the rifle and ammo to do it, when the rifle gets back from the precision shop I want to start training. I’ve never had a set up so nice and buy once cry once as far as I’m concerned. I even considered getting the NF that’s on here in the classifieds.

$1440 mark5hd all day long worth every bit of that too. The nightforce is pricier and for what it is just doesn’t make sense to spend more imho.

Comment

I'd get a Swaro Z3 with the BRX reticle. Best bang for the buck for hunting rifle glass IMO

Comment

Settled on a Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52 with the Varmint Illuminated reticle. I literally cannot wait to get it in and on the rifle. I’ve read so much over the last few days regarding swaro’s, leupold, Zeiss, NF. Im sure I made the right choice for my goals.

Comment

Settled on a Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52 with the Varmint Illuminated reticle. I literally cannot wait to get it in and on the rifle. I’ve read so much over the last few days regarding swaro’s, leupold, Zeiss, NF. Im sure I made the right choice for my goals.

Congrats! I bet you will love it. Curious why you went with the varmint reticle if you are going to dial?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll still dial but for ease of use during hunting 0-600 I think it might be a good option. If I want to use it it’s there, if not then I won’t. I spoke to a couple of long range guys and they both seem to like the hash marks and they seem to line up perfectly even with my caliber. We will see.

Comment

athalon Ares etr 4.5-30

Comment

I’m a fan of the Leupy VX6 line...I buy’m used. VX5’s are solid as well.

Huge difference between glass & get what you pay for!!

Comment

Those hashes are going to line up differently at different distances, and they’re still BDC based. It’ll work fine for what you want if you take the time to learn how it corresponds to your load. It won’t be as simple as knowing your dope and aligning the reticle though. Dialing will be more accurate when you have the time.

Comment

Was going to say check out the athlon area etr. Lots of good reviews and the guys at apr speak highly of them and can get you a great deal. Looking to get one for my longer range set up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X