270 Wsm ammo recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

270 Wsm ammo recommendation

Picking up a new rifle soon and wanted some feed back on ammo. I’ve shot a ton of regular 270 win and always used 130 grain core lokt or power shok with no issues. I’ve looked at similar previous threads and there was a lot of feed back that said 140 grain accubonds. After looking at a few stores I was able to find 2 boxes on the Winchester accubonds. I’m wanting to have a readily available round that is good for normal deer, hogs ect. But also wanting a round that will shoot well at further distances and have great knockdown power for bigger exotics and possible elk/mule deer. What rounds would y’all recommend? I have been able to find 150 grain power points at a couple different places and 150 grain fusion. I was thinking I would just use a power point for normal deer hunting but then switch to the Accubond for bigger game.... your thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also what are your thoughts on ammo with Lubalox? I’ve heard mixed reviews w/ barrel issues. Also I’m not going to be reloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot the 140g accubonds at everything. Just order your ammo online and you'll be set.

Each spring a bunch of the big box stores will run sales on ammo and I buy several boxes at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
      I shoot the 140g accubonds at everything. Just order your ammo online and you'll be set.

Each spring a bunch of the big box stores will run sales on ammo and I buy several boxes at a time.

Who do you order from and are u getting the Winchester or Nosler rounds?

Comment

winchester supreme

I buy it from whoever has the best deal. It does seem to be harder and harder to find though.

Comment

Comment

I've been shooting the Remington corelocks 130 for 4-5 years and very happy with mine on deer and hogs up to 200-240 lbs most have been DRT !

Comment

I use Nosler Accubonds 140gr (trophy grade). Shoot very well out of my Tikka. Everything from deer to big auodad. I took it for an elk hunt also but didn't get to use it

Comment

Comment

You can buy it at Cabelas and other store fronts as well. However it can be backordered sometimes. I just bought a few boxes from Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabelas last week. Both in stock.

Comment

For any of you shooting the Accubond, silvertips ect how hard is to get you barrel clean with the Lubalox coating

Comment

I have been shooting Nosler Accubonds 140gr (trophy grade) for quite a while. My favorite for anything from hogs, whitetail and Aoudad. I don't have problems cleaning my barrel. My rifle also likes the ballistic silvertips but I prefer the performance of the Accubonds.

Comment

from what I'm reading on the web the lubalox is more of just a coloring of the bullet than a moly coating everyone said they noticed no difference in cleaning their bores

Comment

Put the 270 wsm in the safe, never to shoot again. It produces so much head pressure I can't open the bolt when I shoot it. Sent it to the manufacturer and they couldn't help. Last shot it fired I looked down the barrel and noticed a blister! Yikes! No thanks, the round was a trendy thing for awhile but not worth the icky feeling I get when I shoot it.

Comment

I've been shooting the Federal Premium 270 WSM 130 Grain with Nosler Ballistic tip with great success. Great bullet.

Comment

I have had no problems with any of them. Both hunting and just shooting paper. Dont shoot it as much cause ammo is high.

I got one sow quartering towards me. In the lead shoulder/chest, it took out completely with just a little hide holding the opposite front leg. She had two small 20-30 lb piglets standing beside her i did not see. Lucky shot as I got all 3 with one round.

It was my first hunt with the rifle. Next morning I got a nice little 10 point buck. I call it my lucky rifle.

Get a scope with a good amount of eye relief. Has a bit of muzzle jump. I stamped my eye one shot. The rest and target were too low and I knew it was going to happen. But i got the axis doe so it paid off.

Comment

Working...
                              X