$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    Bahhh. Go to a MADD forum and preach your reasoning and see if a forum about drinking and driving has alot of understanding forgiveness from Moms.

This is a public hunting forum about hunting not drunks.
    Boy that went right over your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Oh, so it's more of an "I told you so" directed at those that were duped or reserved judgement. Send me a list of the "TBH Elite" and we'll be sure to offer up a proper dose of humiliation.

Now, what to do with all the adulterers, dope smokers and liars among us?
      I can't believe Michael called me out like that!🤷🏻*♂️😂

Comment

Do gummy bears fall under the same list asking for a friend

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

More popcorn please.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
            Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            The Bible clearly states to not argue with people concerning scripture,

not doubting but im always looking to learn more. where is this written in the bible? thanks tx.
            PM sent

Comment

I just spent 20 mins catching up when I should have been working and my head hurts.

Comment

Who would of thought the subject of poaching of a potential state record Buck would cause so much emotion and interest on a HUNTING FORUM? I can't figure it out. To those saying there's a lot worse laws that could have been broken, it's almost as if this subject carries a little more weight in this forum. For the life of me I can't figure out why. Then there's the guy "not defending him" but continually coming back to stir the coals by stating outlandish remarks such as half of people would do the same if we found ourselves in that position.

I'll do a little more digging to get to the bottom of why a forum consisting of hunters find poaching the state record so atrocious. I'm not sure I'll be able to find out why, but I'll do my best.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                  Congrats to the hunter! Nice deer.

You win today Richard

Comment

Thanks for posting OP. I never knew how the case turned out but now I do.

Poachers are thieves same as the person that will steal someone's property. He got of light and probably the only lesson he learned was to not post poached deer on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I think some don’t know the difference between defending and forgiving...
                      Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post

Agreed...I ain't defending him, but I've done worse than killing a deer and was shown what forgiveness was all about, and I refuse to crucify the man
                      This.

I am not going to go back and read all the ecomments, but I do not remember anyone "defending" Travis for what he did. What I have seen is that a whole lot of TBHers have a whole lot of hate in their hearts. We see it all the time with the "I hate... (fill in the blank)" comments. Those comments are so superfluous and redundant, yet folks seem to feel better by beating their chests and typing it out. For the life of me, I don't understand how it makes some of you feel better by berating those who have forgiven a fellow human being who fell short and illegally shot an animal. It was done. He and his family are paying the price. Good grief! Let it go. Why does it make you feel better by continuing to criticize those who have chosen to forgive someone? Okay. We get that you hate him, and you hate those who don't have hate in their hearts.

Let's move on to more important things like grammer and punctuation!

Rule #1. Do not start a sentence with "Myself".

Rule #2 Do not use "Seen" without "has, had or was" before it.

Rule#....

Comment

Myself I like Randy. I Seen him last hanging out with Garca

Comment

I just wonder how on earth we got to the point that $53k and a deer ended up in the same sentence... it's just a DEER!

On the same token, how we get to the point that grown men throw away their making the right moral and legal choices over a DEER!?!

Don't get me wrong, it's besides the point whether he's a good/bad guy. He made the choices and he's got to deal with the consequences but I wonder if we haven't all let our passion of the outdoors and chasing critters get way out of hand and it easily turns to obsessions and greed. I'm about as guilty as anyone too with obsessing over trophies. Older I get, more I miss things when I was a kid and was just excited to even be in the woods and was just as tickled with a fat rabbit to come home with or a 10 point buck.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Myself I like Randy. I Seen him last hanging out with Garca
                            Someone oughtta whup your arse...but it ain't gonna be me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                              I just wonder how on earth we got to the point that $53k and a deer ended up in the same sentence... it's just a DEER!

On the same token, how we get to the point that grown men throw away their making the right moral and legal choices over a DEER!?!

Don't get me wrong, it's besides the point whether he's a good/bad guy. He made the choices and he's got to deal with the consequences but I wonder if we haven't all let our passion of the outdoors and chasing critters get way out of hand and it easily turns to obsessions and greed. I'm about as guilty as anyone too with obsessing over trophies. Older I get, more I miss things when I was a kid and was just excited to even be in the woods and was just as tickled with a fat rabbit to come home with or a 10 point buck.
                              I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post

same here

Comment

Working...
                                X