UTV snorkels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV snorkels

Who has a snorkel on their side by sides?
    I’m back and forth on putting one on my defender. Our hunting property has a creek that runs through it and at times when it rains it can make it just enough that is not passable without a snorkel. Let me say I don’t use my side by side as a machine for mudding and going to parks it’s for hunting and farm work, honestly don’t know if I’ve even gone over 20mph in it, lol.

So with that being said what’s y'alls thoughts on snorkels? Having one would really help me out on getting to about have the property if a flash flood happens or rains all year like it did all last season.

Just not wanting to do something that is bad for the machine.

It’s better to have it than not have it for certain situations. Best insurance you can get. Your dealer won’t cover submersed units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have done several in the past. With that said , if your not going “ mudding” and it didn’t come from the factory with them I honestly wouldn’t. If I were in your shoes I would look for an alternate way. Find some culverts or just let the water recede. If it is a no other way situation I can tell you that you need to have a shop do it so they can smoke test when they are done. This is an extremely important step . This will determine if everything is sealed and good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Better to have one and never need it then to need it and not having one
        A ranch I ran in Webb county got a big rain and standing water was up over my wheels on a f350 some places deeper, when I finally got out up by the main gate ( only by turning off my truck and being towed by a giant front end loader) they were lining up Many many trucks, utv’s and other machinery to be hauled away all with hydro lock
        YouTube why Australian trucks and utv’s all have snorkeling, same with military

^^^^^ have a competent shop do it , it’s not a DIY install ^^^^
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-11-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Get a boat!
          No experience with them...just know it may be harder to re "sail" with snorkels...I know I wouldn't purchase one with them.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. And yeah no way I would attempt a DIY on it. I’ve had many accessories put on it and have a shop that has done all of it and would do the snorkel. And as far as re sale not really worried about that as we tend to take care of things and keep em til that don’t go any more so don’t have any plan on selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Knox View Post
              Thanks for the input guys. And yeah no way I would attempt a DIY on it. I’ve had many accessories put on it and have a shop that has done all of it and would do the snorkel. And as far as re sale not really worried about that as we tend to take care of things and keep em til that don’t go any more so don’t have any plan on selling it.

Make sure they smoke test it. Most failures are catastrophic to your utv if they don’t .

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman7290 View Post
                Make sure they smoke test it. Most failures are catastrophic to your utv if they don’t .

Smoke test should be done annually. As some shops use absolutely cruddy silicon caulk

Comment

Working...
                X