which bow to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which bow to buy

I am debating between a Mathews Creed & and Mathews HTR No cam. Price is essentially the same. Don't respond if you are going to bash Mathews, tell me to buy something completely different, or if you are going to be a smart @$$. Responses of creed or htr and maybe why would be greatly appreciated!

no one?

Comment

I personally have never shot a Mathews, but have a few buddies that do and they all have the Creed and love them. Best input I can give you myself.

Comment

I've not shot either one of them. But the most important question is, have you shot them?? If so, which one feels the best?

Comment

My Buddy has had both, he switched to the no Cam and loves it. Sold the Creed

Comment

What do you shoot now?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              What do you shoot now?
              I do not own a bow currently.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                What do you shoot now?
                sent you a pm

Comment

I have shot Mathews, but never bought one. I will tell you this, the best way to buy a bow is to shoot as many makes and models as you can set up identically and let the bow pick you. when you find the right bow you will know it. good feel in your hand, comfortable on the draw and rock solid and quiet on the shot. Boys now days are way to expensive to just go buy one and not try as many as you can. You owe it to yourself.

Comment

I would probably go with the slow cam, i mean, no cam out of those two. But if you had a little more room in your budget you might give a mathews tactic a look. Both of the bows you are looking at are out paced by today's bows but the no cam is very smooth and quite. The creed would be fine too. If one seems considerably better to you, go with it.

Comment

Can't go wrong with either. Shoot 'em both and make your choice. I shot the Creed for a couple of years before switching to the Halon 3 years ago. Loved the Creed. Ended up selling it to a young man on here for his first bow.

Comment

Since your looking at used and don't want suggestions for something completely different, how about a original Halon. I haven't shot the Creed but I shot the No Cam and Halon side by side when shopping for a new bow a few years ago. I have a bad draw shoulder and I found the Halon surprisingly easier on the shoulder than the No Cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          I have shot Mathews, but never bought one. I will tell you this, the best way to buy a bow is to shoot as many makes and models as you can set up identically and let the bow pick you. when you find the right bow you will know it. good feel in your hand, comfortable on the draw and rock solid and quiet on the shot. Boys now days are way to expensive to just go buy one and not try as many as you can. You owe it to yourself.
                          Here's your answer. It's your money, shoot what feels the best to you. I went to a top notch bow shop and shot 8 top of the line bows from different makers and spent several hours there. I am not a Brand shooter. My money went for the one that felt the best in MY hand. BTW, I did not leave with a Mathews!

Comment

Very different draw cycles is the biggest difference.

I owned a Creed and shot it well. I think it was the last series of solo cams that Mathews produced, so you get that style of draw.

Skipped the no cam hunting bow but shot the target bow version. For me it was extremely smooth on the draw.

The no cam is supposed to be around the same speed as the creed(at least IBO), but most consider it to be slower.

I would try to shoot them both.. that will tell you for sure.

I would probably lean no cam just for that smooth draw.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

What bow did you shoot that buck with in your avatar picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X